WESCO boots - black oiled leather

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by MattyM, Nov 6, 2019.

1. MattyM

MattyM New in Town

Has anyone experience with wesco's black oil leather type?

I recently got a pair of harness boots, from their "discounted" page, black oil leather. They don't seem to be like the other wesco boots I have. I knew they were "factory seconds" but there's a lot more going on than what was in the description. The leather is flimsy, and I mean flop over, doesn't stand up flimsy. All other wesco boots I've had or seen have been stiff as a board.

2. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

Call them about the issues and see if you can send them back.

3. MattyM

MattyM New in Town

I emailed them days ago, spelling out that I knew they were "seconds" but that the description left out several details. And seconds are "all sales final." I never had big boots with their "oiled" leather before. Not sure if it's dead floppy like this. They won't tell me. These boots are more like chippewa or frye quality. Sure don't feel like "7oz" leather. The harness straps, which are only decorative, are thicker than the back stays.

Attached Files:

4. MattyM

MattyM New in Town

More photos

Attached Files:

5. MattyM

MattyM New in Town

They got 5 bills out of me, and obviously don't give a hoot. You can see how they described the condition on the box. They didn't say the leather is irregular with fatty wrinkles. The shafts, where they meet the upper, are strengthless, as if they were cut from the belly leather. Why would they make a pair of boots like this, except for practice maybe? I guess I'll have to wear them with malice and tell everyone they're WESCO's Lemons.

6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

That's too bad, I'd put them up on ebay....

Sorry that happened. I like White's Nomads these days a lot.

7. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton Practically Family

Have you talked to your credit card company? They might have some leverage or another solution.