Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boots Sale

Cigarband

A-List Customer
Just got this email from them.

"Now through the end of September, all orders for factory seconds boots are 5% off and will be shipped to you for free! This special offer covers UPS Ground Shipping charges – a savings of $15. Not shipping UPS Ground? We'd be more than happy to apply the $15 toward a shipping method of your choice." WWW.wescoboots.com

This might make me pull the trigger.:D

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Do you own Wescos?

Do they run true to size, a bit big, or a bit small?

For example, if one orders a pair of size 10s, will they be
a standard size 10, a bit longer or a bit shorter? If it's a size EE width,
will it be a bit wider to accommodate thick socks or tighter to
make up for leather stretching?

TIA

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
I own two pairs of Wescos, the first being an off-the-rack size and the second being custom-fit. The off-the-rack size is dead on for me. I take an 11EE in most boots and the Wesco 11EE fits me perfectly. VERY comfortable. I had several issues with the custom-fit pair and they eventually had to be sent back and be remade. The 11EEs fit me so nice though, that I really didn't need to spend the money for custom sizing. Solid boots though and they take a beating.

Just a note on having a cap-toe stitched on. I don't know if it's just with my boots, but I had it done on my custom-sized boots and it lowered the height of the room my toes had. Meaning that in other boots my big toe has some room to be wiggled up and down, and with these the top of the inside of the boot is right up against my big toe. After an hour of working in them my toes start getting irritated and by lunch time I can't wait to take them off. I don't have this issue with the Wescos without the cap-toe.. they are comfortable all day long.

Tommer

PoohBang

Suspended
I have just one pair of Wesco's but they are custom all the way... in size and the boot itself.

Boss boots with a western toe, the lowest heel they had at the time. I wanted a pair of 1950's biker boots and I pretty much got it.

Now as to custom size I too did the whole trace your foot thing and they were very tight when I got them. But I always felt they were just too tight. After a few years I called them and asked about taking them some where to stretch them out... they said send them back and they'll do it. I did and it only cost postage there. Boots feel awesome now and I love to wear them...

Wesco's a fantastic company to work with... Here's more on my blog

3685222436_c24d2b938f.jpg

feltfan

I did end up ordering a pair of factory seconds during the sale.
When they arrived, they turned out to have steel toes, which
was not listed (and I did not want). They also had a different
sole than was listed, but that's no big deal.

I sent them back. They called me and told me they got 'em and
would refund my money. I haven't checked to see that the refund
is in, but so far I've been happy enough that they made good on
their mistake.

The shoes were really nice and I would like to have a pair... I'll
keep my eye on the factory seconds listing, since I can't justify
a $400 pair of shoes...

kyboots

Practically Family
Wesco Boots

Guys I recently received my Wesco engineers and I am so happy. They feel custom made even though I ordered them off the shelf. They hold my foot perfectly with great protection and are comfortable!!! I wear them to work. (Very proudly.) Now I want a pair of the Wesco harness boots and I wonder about brown color now instead of the typical "biker black". It seems that brown is becoming more popular especially in the leather coats, but what about boots. I don't want the uneducated to think they are any old " generic " brown harness boots, but should we have diversity even in our boots. Also any places easier to deal with? Price also important. Stompers vs Bootwerks vs BBB vs others. thanks

feltfan

I note that there is once again a sale at Wesco.
This time it's 10% off. Boy am I miffed since I just
bought a pair of factory seconds.

Actually, I'm still thrilled with what I got for what I paid.
Two tone Redwood and black 8" waffle stompers. Great
looking, great fit. Appear to be true to size and width
or perhaps a touch wide.

I should note that they are a bit rough on the inside and
the transition between the toe and instep is a bit sharp.
I took 150 grit sandpaper to the inside and now they are
okay (and breaking in). My Vibergs were smooth on the
inside from the start. Appear to be semi-lined in the toe-
-to-arch area.

Good quality product. Sale ends July 31.

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
^ I too just bought a pair of facotory seconds (two tone packers) they were delivered a day beofre I got that same email...timing is everything I guess. They fit me perfectly though so that is the good news 10D. Awesome boots, hard to have a cheap pair after trying these on...

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
I have a pair of Wesco's custom built to my foot and have to send them back. I'm sized at a 10.5 EE currently but I think I'm actually a 10.5 EEE. They're a very accommodating company so far. I don't expect to have to pay anything for a rebuild or new pair because I think my measurements are dead on (I did measured 3 times and all the results are the same..). I'm flying up to get measured for the redo since I have to pay a visit to Langlitz and get some tattoo work by Dave Lum anyways. Should be quite a trip for some great custom work by the finest Oregon has to offer.

PoohBang

Suspended
I'd love to take a "Leather" tour of the northwest... visit Wesco, Langlitz, Whites... plus hit a few brewery's along the way...

Tony No-Toes said:
I have a pair of Wesco's custom built to my foot and have to send them back. I'm sized at a 10.5 EE currently but I think I'm actually a 10.5 EEE. They're a very accommodating company so far. I don't expect to have to pay anything for a rebuild or new pair because I think my measurements are dead on (I did measured 3 times and all the results are the same..). I'm flying up to get measured for the redo since I have to pay a visit to Langlitz and get some tattoo work by Dave Lum anyways. Should be quite a trip for some great custom work by the finest Oregon has to offer.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
PoohBang said:
I'd love to take a "Leather" tour of the northwest... visit Wesco, Langlitz, Whites... plus hit a few brewery's along the way...

Don't forget Nick's Boots, also located in Spokane, WA (same town as Whites).

Similar to Whites, but they make great stuff, and are a little bit cheaper. A lot of folks up there swear by 'em.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
So, seeing this I couldn't resist buying some Wesco factory seconds JH classics.

Wow, this shoe is HEAVY and stiff, but paradoxically, it's very comfortable. I find the shoe to fit a little big. It fits very well with heavy socks, but with normal thickness socks, they slide a little.

A great looking shoe.

Ken Paulson

New in Town
I have a couple pairs of Wescos: Jobmasters and Packers. The construction is, ummm robust, to say the least, but I love to clank when I walk. These boots saved my knees. I thought I was getting old, but it turned out I was allergic to limp boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy