Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
If you like it, I can send you the remaining section. It was a length of belt I bought online for this project, and split. Probably enough left for one more hat.
A belt? Now that looks to be a great idea. If you don't have another hat to use it, I might have one where to use.

Resistol Cross Plains
Looks great and a thick felt! Is it beaver or bunny/hare?

John Galt

Vendor
A belt? Now that looks to be a great idea. If you don't have another hat to use it...

Well, I am sure I could use it, but want his hat to be unique. I'm ok with another existing in Portugal.

It was a length of pre-stamped belting leather I bought online. I had to split it because it was pretty thick. The shell casing "rivet" is actually a heavy duty western snap. I had to scarf the leather pretty thin to get it to attach.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
This hat is a result of a brim trim gone wrong awhile ago. (Sorry, joao)
But I spent the better part of last evening doing damage control in an attempt to make it wearable. New Tom mix ish crease and brim shape.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402762672740.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402762672740.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 142
  • uploadfromtaptalk1402762705286.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402762705286.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 153

John Galt

Vendor
Thx! I hate to waste anything. Another option is saving it to match with the brim from a bad crowned western, for a dualist.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I don't know... I think best option is the one by John Galt. That thing looks horrible.
OR sew everything back and make a frankenstein western.
Personally it was a waste...

ingineer

One Too Many
Here is a Horrible Hoot, but there is a Las Vegas under all the Petty stuff.
In the post, cheaper than dirt, one size too small, Long oval instead of round, just something to play with. Let's see if i can stretch it.
OK commence laughter.

Richard

John Galt

Vendor
Well, sometimes the feather band comes off cleanly. Just pray it's not glued down. The resizing (up) isn't too difficult, and sweatband is also a relatively simple fix. PM me if you want. I'm catching up fast on my backlog, and you won't find a better price system than my word of mouth campaign.

Last edited:

fedoracentric

Banned
Not a fan of those crazy 70s/80s era feather bands, either. They are so dang garish. But they were popular as heck. Saw a lot of those worn by car racers back in the day.

ingineer

One Too Many
Well, sometimes the feather band comes of cleanly. Just pray it's not glued down. The resizing (up) isn't too difficult, and sweatband is also a relatively simple fix. PM me if you want. I'm catching up fast on my backlog, and you won't find a better price system than my word of mouth campaign.
Thanks John;
Yes, you probably are my Huckleberry. Much appreciated
Richard

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24