Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

It does look good on a wide variety of hats. I'm still tempted to get another one...

I did my RGT with a Stetson but like that band on other hats too....
IMG_20130302_125112_254.jpg

IMG_20121126_141517_730.jpg

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I've got this little hat that I bought in a shop in San Francisco last Summer. It wasn't real expensive, but it's comfortable and extremely soft and looks really good on me.
EH8qShv.jpg
I usually wear it with either a flannel shirt in a ranchero style get-up, or with my Eddie Bauer canvas shirt. I would love a nice duster to go with it, but every time I ask for one as a gift, I get shot down because "the kids from Columbine wore those". Simply another case of terrible people ruining good fashion sense. :(

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I have a full length duster that was made by Australian Outfitters, not an Outback Trading company duster, I have had it for 20 years. It is able to snapped up into a shorter coat or unsnapped into a longer coat. It also has leg straps for when riding a horse (or motorcycle.) It comes with the ability to have a liner added if one is going to be in colder conditions. Georgia winters do not often call for the liner to be added.
I would recommend finding a duster that has the ability to be shortened or extended, it is worth the search. I wear mine when the weather calls for it.
I even had people interested in knowing more about them. So I encourage you to get one and enjoy it.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
The Justified hat is my favorite, H W. Really nice job on that.

It's getting pretty chilly here in Central Ohio. Seems like a good time to break out a Resistol Stagecoach to beat back the cold and wind....

Resistol_Stagecoach_chestnut_01.jpg

I removed the cheesy original feathered hatband and replaced it with this campaign style ribbon and bow that I made...add in a little reshaping of the crown,...

Resistol_Stagecoach_chestnut_02.jpg

Resistol_Stagecoach_chestnut_03.jpg

Last edited:

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars

It's getting pretty chilly here in Central Ohio. Seems like a good time to break out a Resistol Stagecoach to beat back the cold and wind....

That's one tall hat, T.J. -- looks good, love the job you did on the ribbon.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

That's one tall hat, T.J. -- looks good, love the job you did on the ribbon.

Thanks buddy. Oh yeah, definitely a tall crown. It looks like I'm wearing an Obelisk! It adds a bit more height to my 6'2 frame. I can't get into my truck without knocking it off!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael