Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Davis Hatters 5X (Nice Hat)

IMG_1207.JPG

Calm Down Joao !

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
I'll show my Standard Resistol ...

View attachment 51614

Then the New Akubra Woomera , pre-bashed , sittin Way Back ...

View attachment 51615

The Woomera has every piece of foam I have in the sweat , or it'd be over my ears . I like the Brim Roll , but this guy is Really Pulled Down Front and Back . Too much for the kid , but I'm like Lt.hats , I don't mine the Open Crown Hoss look . Never know , I may keep it . We'll see .
Nice hats, you have some pictures that you can finally post to your Instagram account now [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Everyone ! It Really is a Nice Hat , a Davis 5X (they call standard now) beats a Stetson 6X buy about 10X = 15X Stetson or Better .

Thanks HJ ! It is a Really Nice Beaded Band , too . Not junk at all , first rate ! And you were Right , 3/8" .

ah ah ;)
Nice looking hat and hatband! Big fat crown!

Thanks Joao , I added Cutters to Fatten it up , it was dished pretty low and deep , but I like fat Crowns .

Nice hats, you have some pictures that you can finally post to your Instagram account now [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Kevin , I don't know how to post pictures to Instagram , Really ! I'm technology challenged , I do good to be on here . o_O

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Kevin , I don't know how to post pictures to Instagram , Really ! I'm technology challenged , I do good to be on here . o_O

LOL, Instagram is quirky for sure. You can't post through their website, you need a to download their app to a smartphone. After it is installed you can select pictures from your phone. So you go to the picture gallery on the phone and select a photo and there should be an option to share and then you select how to share, it is at that point you choose Instagram and then you can configure some settings and write a description for the photo and then confirm at which point it is posted. You can PM me if you still have an issue posting on Instagram.

wedgetail

New in Town
My latest "western" or work hat - Akubra Sombrero, a bit of a WIP at the moment.

Out of the box it doesn't do much for me.
image_zpsj1z1ev5w.jpg

So I pulled the sides down, gave the front more curl and pulled the band off. The glue slowly peels off with a finger nail but I'll put a 3/4" leather band over it so I didn't go too far. Shame they have to glue it though.
image_zpsyyj80g3d.jpg

I've ummed and arghed for a while about a bash and have gone for this. Not necessarily 100% on it yet though so it may change...
image_zpsucbuox61.jpg

The band will be this red hide (well red hide look a like) probably split in two joined by two brass rings and Kimberely knots, similar to the band on an Akubra Pilbara.
image_zpssr5xqfpo.jpg

My latest "western" or work hat - Akubra Sombrero, a bit of a WIP at the moment.

image_zpsj1z1ev5w.jpg

So I pulled the sides down, gave the front more curl and pulled the band off. The glue slowly peels off with a finger nail but I'll put a 3/4" leather band over it so I didn't go too far. Shame they have to glue it though.
image_zpsyyj80g3d.jpg

I've ummed and arghed for a while about a bash and have gone for this. Not necessarily 100% on it yet though so it may change...
image_zpsucbuox61.jpg

The band will be this red hide (well red hide look a like) probably split in two joined by two brass rings and Kimberely knots, similar to the band on an Akubra Pilbara.
image_zpssr5xqfpo.jpg

Nice work on the Sombrero, much better with the fenders pulled down. I'm really dig'n that oven in the background.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

image_zpsj1z1ev5w.jpg

image_zpsyyj80g3d.jpg

image_zpsucbuox61.jpg

image_zpssr5xqfpo.jpg

Man Wedgetail you KILLED That One ! Looks Great ! And I really like the Stove , too ! That Kettle Curl looks Great , have you seen the Vintage Fray by Stetson on the "Join The Fray" Thread ? ... the hair on calf hide really didn't do it for me either , I figured it was glued . Looks almost like the Josey Wales Hat Clint Eastwood wore . Nice Job ! Between yours and Dinerman's you make the Bush Tucker Man's Hat look Classic !

wedgetail

New in Town
Man Wedgetail you KILLED That One ! Looks Great ! And I really like the Stove , too ! That Kettle Curl looks Great , have you seen the Vintage Fray by Stetson on the "Join The Fray" Thread ? ... the hair on calf hide really didn't do it for me either , I figured it was glued . Looks almost like the Josey Wales Hat Clint Eastwood wore . Nice Job ! Between yours and Dinerman's you make the Bush Tucker Man's Hat look Classic !
Thanks Michael! Yeah I basically got this hat for the curl, and the open crown and decent brim size... I checked those Frays out, thanks for the heads up there are some nice ones in there for sure. Put them into the bank... I have to admit that the Josey Wales hat was an influence in my choice - it's a nice hat! And Les Hiddens (the bush tucker man) was a childhood hero so that of course played a part. Although his bash is too iconic for anyone else to wear IMO
Nice work on the Sombrero, much better with the fenders pulled down. I'm really dig'n that oven in the background.
Thanks, yeah they really need to come down for sure. The Rayburn is fantastic - does the cooking, heating and hot water all on a minimal amount of firewood. It's one of the rare 50s model (no42) with 4 ovens rather than the common 2.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
just dug up some photos of my first sombrero. Didn't do much with the brim, but I pulled the band off, turned it inside out and hit it with dark tan shoe polish...
1910099_513975513722_7569_n.jpg

215514_513975468812_2468_n.jpg

Ride Em Cowboy !!! ... trimming horns ... ? You know I remember horn used for rag slides as a kid . Used for neckerchief slides , I wonder if guys still do that ? Old stuff .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21