Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Any idea who Tommy Grimes was (1937)? And what is Belgian beaver?

IMG_7409.jpg

These cow skulls are really bad. If it wasn't for the short horns they would almost look like aliens. Cactus & aliens...it's Roswell all over again!

IMG_7408.jpg
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0342251/
Born in Oklahoma, Grimes went on to become a well-known rodeo competitor winning trophies in the Bucking Horse competition at Cheyenne in 1915

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
"Belgian Beaver" seems to also have been a Stetson color offering similar to "light sand" according to this ad that was also from Miller Stockman...IIRC I think I pulled this one from a 1935 catalog in the Miller Stockman thread. I saved this ad because it was the closest I could find to my old Stetson, and I remembered the phrase "Belgian Beaver" because I kinda wanted to know more about that too....

These cow skulls are really bad. If it wasn't for the short horns they would almost look like aliens. Cactus & aliens...it's Roswell all over again!

IMG_7408.jpg
Some kind person(s) answered the Tom Grimes question as well as Belgian Beaver....we have some great knowledgeable people here!
I wholy agree with the weird cow skulls ..........now those awesome snake boots.....I want a pair!!:):):):):)
As per usual.....I like the most expensive boots...even from those back then...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
M 20180627_180227.jpg

Last edited:

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Hell...I don’t know where to post these any more.

Went to the annual craft festival where The Quiet Lady shows/sells her beadwork. She said that she had taken the year off to care for her ailing brother, so the selection was from her older stock. I still came away with three new hat bands. All glass beads...

53a0a3bfb1ca3ef4592e4e5f0811288c.jpg

ff61aa20be2f46c1cb6242bd85ad2473.jpg

eb1bdd4a5751ac520d70047639ce8886.jpg

85250fd27b89dfd6f525b66471034ea6.jpg

2e8da947c34aaf8c8d5597f1b757bd98.jpg
Bob, I really like the red, yellow and green one but they're all nice. I look forward to seeing them on hats.

Born in Oklahoma, Grimes went on to become a well-known rodeo competitor winning trophies in the Bucking Horse competition at Cheyenne in 1915
I didn't recognize the name as a silent screen or early movie star so I thought he might have been a Wild West show or rodeo star. Good to know.

"Belgian Beaver" seems to also have been a Stetson color offering similar to "light sand" according to this ad that was also from Miller Stockman..
Maybe it compared to Clear Beaver or Natural Beaver?

Most snake overlays today are puffy to give them depth, like bootmakers do with pinched roses.
Mine are like that. Got some kind of batting or something stuffed behind the leather to make 'em stick out from the shaft.

Here's a pic of 'em. The hat is a vintage Anthony's brand 3xxx Open Road style, just to keep the thread on topic.

If any body has any info on Anthony's they'd like to share, I'd love to hear it.
0c1e99e982e0274aab046306bffb1ac9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mine are like that. Got some kind of batting or something stuffed behind the leather to make 'em stick out from the shaft.

Here's a pic of 'em. The hat is a vintage Anthony's brand 3xxx Open Road style, just to keep the thread on topic.

If any body has any info on Anthony's they'd like to share, I'd love to hear it.
0c1e99e982e0274aab046306bffb1ac9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Those are the ones I rememberd but I was confusing/combining them with the black & white Rocketbusters.

Sorry, no info on the Anthony's 3XOR.

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ