Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Here is a new one to me......a Trail Blazer....styled by Peters, Tyler, Texas. Originally sold by The Corral, Tyler, Texas. Awsome dark olive green (od) in a nice felt only slightly "western stiff". A 3 1/8 inch brim, about 5 5/8 crown (4 3/8 fron as creased). Do not know much about this one other than I really like the flatter brim (flanged much like an OR) and the hand of the felt. Love the red liner....and the crease.......has a really nice roan sweat. This was not a cheap hat. It WILL get head time this fall!!!
Be sure to chime in if you know anything about the apparently private label?
M;)
PS it came to me fairly dusty and had a dime size tan spot on the crown (NOT now!;)).
View attachment 128147 View attachment 128148 View attachment 128149 View attachment 128150 View attachment 128151
Great hat Mark!

I have been reshaping my Thoroughbred to a crease more fitting my taste. The brim was stiff as a board, but eventually succumbed to the steam. The felt is dense with a nice finish. This has a slight flange to the brim, which became more obvious as I flattened the brim. And I I like the red liner!
0efdf6fe6c126196921834ddee5b08df.jpg
49d65b80b2bca58d88bb1e3994567f10.jpg
d10f8a463978ec1b5d9f7d1331332d02.jpg
ea056745ab956f8f4c47126d7e59c7e2.jpg
1ed483298cd52a69d91d0ea256606a26.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I like what you have done to it DD!

Then why even respond to this thread?

Because I can and some of us enjoy playful banter. Feel free to disregard if you don’t like it. I don’t think you need to be monitoring other members activities. If this is your personal thread then I’ll leave, otherwise....

Please don’t take anything personal. I don’t know you and I don’t certainly don’t dislike you. I also don’t see why you feel the need to make such comments when you are not involved. Let’s just play nice, or baring that ignore what we don’t like.

Last edited:
Because I can and some of us enjoy playful banter. Feel free to disregard if you don’t like it. I don’t think you need to be monitoring other members activities. If this is your personal thread then I’ll leave, otherwise....

Please don’t take anything personal. I don’t know you and I don’t certainly don’t dislike you. I also don’t see why you feel the need to make such comments when you are not involved. Let’s just play nice, or baring that ignore what we don’t like.
I'm not monitoring anything. I am involved. I was involved in the conversation before your post. I've reread it again this morning and fail to see where it adds to the conversation. But that doesn't seem to be among the criteria anymore anyway.

I'm not monitoring anything. I am involved. I was involved in the conversation before your post. I've reread it again this morning and fail to see where it adds to the conversation. But that doesn't seem to be among the criteria anymore anyway.

Well, I don’t know what a tour of whiskey makers has to do with the hat forum or what it adds to our understanding of hats, but I don’t care if you post it here in the hat forum. I just don’t read what I’m not interested in. The postings going back long before you joined had all sorts of ramblings and unrelated side quips and joking. If you feel it’s your place to try to dissuade comments that you don’t approve of or think don’t add to the conversation then feel free, but I can’t say that I’m always going to take your advice.

You know, there’s also a feature where you can block members so you don’t have to see what they post. If you’re sensitive to my postings maybe that’s an option you can take? For my part, I will try to be more circumspect with what I post to this thread as I honestly don’t want to upset anyone and I try to be aware of other’s sensitivities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My post you refer to was posted in the appropriate long running thread.

This all becomes more of a problem as forums become more social media-like.

View attachment 128647

I don’t think most feel there is a problem. 10+ years ago there were the same things going on. If you’re the sensitive type then please block me/us. Our little spat started a few days ago when I called you out for grossly mischaracterizing what I said in this thread. You now seem to have become needlessly disgruntled and for some reason are taking this all personally. How hard is it to ignore what you don’t find as a valid contribution? I’ll go first: I’m now blocking everything you post. If you still feel the need to complain you can do so without having to worry about my response.

I don’t think most feel there is a problem. 10+ years ago there were the same things going on. If you’re the sensitive type then please block me/us. Our little spat started a few days ago when I called you out for grossly mischaracterizing what I said in this thread. You now seem to have become needlessly disgruntled and for some reason are taking this all personally. How hard is it to ignore what you don’t find as a valid contribution? I’ll go first: I’m now blocking everything you post. If you still feel the need to complain you can do so without having to worry about my response.

Oh, I'm not worried about your responses. By pointing out the Facebook aspects that have become so common I'm offering an explanation as to why many knowledgeable posters no longer post. You yourself have commented on posters not returning. The Facebook mentality is diluting the gene pool.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
A8A6CF6E-E303-41E1-8B24-850044D681EE.jpeg
A651C4A0-CC4C-45D6-A67B-55DEB86AE26E.jpeg
B85027B5-7E32-4AA9-A2FC-DB972D34D1A3.jpeg
C97B86E1-1C4E-413A-98C5-BF73734DA691.jpeg
E4A3595C-F5A4-4D4E-845E-999E06AEC846.jpeg
45044BB2-A495-4E81-9858-43E7CAB24F1C.jpeg
0F5EBC0C-B5F8-47C7-8F04-144D868B6F46.jpeg
Greetings All:
Back on topic. Since it’s National Cowboy Day, what better day to throw this one in. This fellow was a cowboy...in the movies!! Valentine made hats for all the big stars, Cooper, Autry, Rogers, Mix etc etc.
Cooper gifted “that other guy” his hat and six shooters cause they were buds.
Hoppy wore black in the movies...white in real life.
Be well. Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran