Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Bob, maybe your palate would appreciate an Apple/Cranberry Shandy, or maybe a Passion Fruit IPA?

Thanks for thinking of me Jack. I'm afraid I lean towards the citrus whenever fruit and beers get together. Never was a fan of apple beers and passion fruit IPAs cause me to have a similar reaction to what I get from cantaloupe and cottage cheese (and that ain't good). I prefer my apple beverages to be a bit "purer"...

Apple_Jack.png

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
IPA stands for India Pale Ale. When the British occupied India, they would ship ale to their troops. The heat and rough seas would cause spoilage before arrival. They found by increasing the alcohol and hops, that the ale could survive the trip unspoiled. Troops returning home desired the high alcohol and high bitterness of the ale they had in India. The style has evolved in America with a variety of new world hops.
Gauche!!! I’ll not quaff anything with an umbrella sticking out!! Little or big!
B
Ps: what the heck does IPA mean??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IPA stands for India Pale Ale. When the British occupied India, they would ship ale to their troops. The heat and rough seas would cause spoilage before arrival. They found by increasing the alcohol and hops, that the ale could survive the trip unspoiled. Troops returning home desired the high alcohol and high bitterness of the ale they had in India. The style has evolved in America with a variety of new world hops.

And my wife thinks I’m just wasting time here on the Lounge! I mean I just received a history lesson on the British empire in Asia Minor. Of course, since I don’t drink I’ll just have to pretend I understand why anyone would want their drink to be more bitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Thanks DD: i’m with DH on this. I lern’t!!
Wish the American Empire would have shipped Ale to us!!
Bowen

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
And my wife thinks I’m just wasting time here on the Lounge! I mean I just received a history lesson on the British empire in Asia Minor. Of course, since I don’t drink I’ll just have to pretend I understand why anyone would want their drink to be more bitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with everything in your post, Brent.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Here is a new one to me......a Trail Blazer....styled by Peters, Tyler, Texas. Originally sold by The Corral, Tyler, Texas. Awsome dark olive green (od) in a nice felt only slightly "western stiff". A 3 1/8 inch brim, about 5 5/8 crown (4 3/8 fron as creased). Do not know much about this one other than I really like the flatter brim (flanged much like an OR) and the hand of the felt. Love the red liner....and the crease.......has a really nice roan sweat. This was not a cheap hat. It WILL get head time this fall!!!
Be sure to chime in if you know anything about the apparently private label?
M;)
PS it came to me fairly dusty and had a dime size tan spot on the crown (NOT now!;)).
20180723_162036.jpg
20180723_162051.jpg
20180723_162101.jpg
20180723_162142.jpg
20180723_162150.jpg

Last edited:

Desert dog

Beautiful! I am crazy for red liners!
Here is a new one to me......a Trail Blazer....styled by Peters, Tyler, Texas. Originally sold by The Corral, Tyler, Texas. Awsome dark olive green (od) in a nice felt only slightly "western stiff". A 3 1/8 inch brim, about 5 5/8 crown (4 3/8 fron as creased). Do not know much about this one other than I really like the flatter brim (flanged much like an OR) and the hand of the felt. Love the red liner....and the crease.......has a really nice roan sweat. This was not a cheap hat. It WILL get head time this fall!!!
Be sure to chime in if you know anything about the apparently private label?
M;)
PS it came to me fairly dusty and had a dime size tan spot on the crown (NOT now!;)).
View attachment 128147 View attachment 128148 View attachment 128149 View attachment 128150 View attachment 128151

Desert dog

I have been reshaping my Thoroughbred to a crease more fitting my taste. The brim was stiff as a board, but eventually succumbed to the steam. The felt is dense with a nice finish. This has a slight flange to the brim, which became more obvious as I flattened the brim. And I I like the red liner!
0efdf6fe6c126196921834ddee5b08df.jpg
49d65b80b2bca58d88bb1e3994567f10.jpg
d10f8a463978ec1b5d9f7d1331332d02.jpg
ea056745ab956f8f4c47126d7e59c7e2.jpg
1ed483298cd52a69d91d0ea256606a26.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I have been reshaping my Thoroughbred to a crease more fitting my taste. The brim was stiff as a board, but eventually succumbed to the steam. The felt is dense with a nice finish. This has a slight flange to the brim, which became more obvious as I flattened the brim. And I I like the red liner!
0efdf6fe6c126196921834ddee5b08df.jpg
49d65b80b2bca58d88bb1e3994567f10.jpg
d10f8a463978ec1b5d9f7d1331332d02.jpg
ea056745ab956f8f4c47126d7e59c7e2.jpg
1ed483298cd52a69d91d0ea256606a26.jpg

Great new shape DD. That’s some serious recurve hat rack too! Got my attention!
B

Beautiful! I am crazy for red liners!

Yes, they are growing on me too....they DO draw attention when you take off your hat! I have five now (that I can remember:rolleyes:), this Peters, 2 Bradfords, and the 2 Auctioneers. The first three being westerns and the last two OR clones.
M
PS Sweet Thoroughbred you have there...I have yet to find one in my size...DO have a multi Hat Box for them though....really cool artwork on that!!!!

EDIT: Well....I do forget things....I also have a Thoroughbred with a RED liner....but I forgot about it....It is not my size...but is a cool black velour that I actually posted earlier on this thread.:rolleyes::oops::oops::oops: It seems I also have a couple of Fedoras with red liners........I have too many hats....:eek::eek:;);)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112