Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 128708 View attachment 128709 View attachment 128710 View attachment 128711 View attachment 128712 View attachment 128713 View attachment 128714 Greetings All:
Back on topic. Since it’s National Cowboy Day, what better day to throw this one in. This fellow was a cowboy...in the movies!! Valentine made hats for all the big stars, Cooper, Autry, Rogers, Mix etc etc.
Cooper gifted “that other guy” his hat and six shooters cause they were buds.
Hoppy wore black in the movies...white in real life.
Be well. Bowen
Oh Man! That got me out of my chair! A hat from Hoppy, you have knocked it out of the park. It is beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
National Day of the Cowboy.... not me, but I'll wear a 5x Stetson for a day!

i-QJcjzjF-L.jpg

This is gorgeous Doug. Thanks for sharing it and heads up on cowboy day.
B

View attachment 128708 View attachment 128709 View attachment 128710 View attachment 128711 View attachment 128712 View attachment 128713 View attachment 128714 Greetings All:
Back on topic. Since it’s National Cowboy Day, what better day to throw this one in. This fellow was a cowboy...in the movies!! Valentine made hats for all the big stars, Cooper, Autry, Rogers, Mix etc etc.
Be well. Bowen

Damn, my size too. First hat I've coveted in some time. Thanks for bustin this one out, Bowen.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
D19D667B-75EB-478D-BB6E-9DFB538ABD7E.jpeg
BE1B729B-50BD-4D79-BD98-8F1278097179.jpeg
F9CC195B-024E-40F4-880A-14ACDDB573B9.jpeg
CA12B8AA-3B8F-4E5B-8E59-E8356789FE3D.jpeg
20CA875D-3805-4FE2-9DD1-88EB540B501C.jpeg
Greetings All:
Last one today...i promise!!
1980-82 can’t remember. Month long vacation to Wyoming, Colorado, Hawaii and “All Points In-Between”. Ha Stayed at a dude ranch, caught tons of trout, got engage high in the Gros Ventres. She called me Wyoming, i called her Colorady. Started college, 3 kids and life started.
Biltmore 4x, $76. Was a good ride!!
Still has the west dust on it.
Be well. Bowen

View attachment 128747 View attachment 128748 View attachment 128749 View attachment 128751 View attachment 128752 Ok i lied!!! Shoot me
No way i could let “The King” pass on Cowboy day. In all it’s old dirty glory!! Cat paw prints and all. The felt on this one is beyond amazing. If it could just reproduce.
The Boss
K I’m out. Bowen

Your collection is incredible. You keep pulling out new hats that leave us shaking our heads. The thought of you pairing down your collection must be daunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Be well. Bowen
Wow, Bowen! Magnífico. And you were asking just how wide a hat has to be to qualify as a Western? That one certainly does.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Your collection is incredible. You keep pulling out new hats that leave us shaking our heads. The thought of you pairing down your collection must be daunting.

Even of it goes against my interests (read Marque Gran Luxe,) I agree with Brent. It would be a shame for you to thin your herd.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Greetings All:
Be well. Bowen
This one got my attention.
And (head) size.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Hey Brent thanks.
I didn’t know how to respond to your kind words. Today was fun. I love sharing my hats with whomever wants to look. I get so much enjoyment seeing everyone’s hats. I don’t have to own them to enjoy seeing a fine hat. I often feel pretentious posting hats because i’m about as far from that as can be and i’m not used to kudos for anything. This place is all new to me in that respect.
So...thanks all...for the kindness and tolerance in me “throwin em out there”!!
If nobody sees them...they don’t exist.
Plus my dog’s bored s***less with em!! Lol
Bowen
Ps: Doc...the silver GML is your’s.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Hey Brent thanks.
I didn’t know how to respond to your kind words. Today was fun. I love sharing my hats with whomever wants to look. I get so much enjoyment seeing everyone’s hats. I don’t have to own them to enjoy seeing a fine hat. I often feel pretentious posting hats because i’m about as far from that as can be and i’m not used to kudos for anything. This place is all new to me in that respect.
So...thanks all...for the kindness and tolerance in me “throwin em out there”!!
If nobody sees them...they don’t exist.
Plus my dog’s bored s***less with em!! Lol
Bowen
Ps: Doc...the silver GML is your’s.
Really? Wow, Bowen! Thanks! Excellent! Thank you again!
Ps: who do I have to kill?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran