Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

That's a beauty Jack! Outstanding photos of it. San Antonios are my favorites.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks DD. I may need to hit it with some steam to get it to hold. I brushed it real good & worked it a bit dry. The brim was just a bit wanky on one side from being in the box.

I really like the dimensions.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Jonesy, the hat was made for Wrangler by Miller Bros. The weave/fiber is the same as on a Montecristi fedora. I have two of them and the one pictured has close to a 600 wpsi while the other is closer to 400, both fairly nice weaves but the hats had wired brims which limited shaping them. I was able to remove the wires and did shellac the brims help them hold up and hold a steamed shape. The shirt is vintage in a pattern Rockmount no longer offers but they do still offer western style aloha's.

Some of the custom hatters here may do a Montecristi westerns but I don't know. The only one I'm aware of doing it regularly is Montecristi Hat Works in Santa Fe, NM.

Check out this one, $1895 as pictured.
https://www.montecristihats.com/product/big-sky-panama-hat/

Wow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the price, I had to give this “Frontier Collection 3X Beaver” by Bailey a try. These are the seller’s photos:

c23f7e014853e02e9321a8dcf9fa6bd1.jpg

b6c25c1ea1e447e5681e91267176cb0e.jpg

d55583e8f8aa8f90b959d3d35d2a81ab.jpg

5adf6e1cbaf9189eab64d7769af977b3.jpg

It’s not a brand that gets a lot of love around here, and there’s a reason for that, but this hat looks to have some potential and the brim width I prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Good looking lid, Cuz and I like that brim shape. Hope you're in an area where you can take a dip. Gonna be a hot one.
Thanks Cuz. That spot on Lake Purdy is about 6 miles from where I live, so it's not much commitment of a day to hit it. I got there about 6:30 and enjoyed it for a couple of hours before it started getting hot, then went home and took a nap in the air conditioning. Stay cool up there and enjoy the holiday.

The brim does have a good look to it.

Good luck fishing. I have a couple of the old Zebco 33's myself. I have the one that predates the 33 also. It has a ball instead of a thumb button. Can't remember the model #.
Thanks Jack. That old 33 always comes along on a fishing trip, no matter what else I bring. I like using it as much or more than anything else I've got.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1989 Ritch Rand 8X

Tom Horn

When he drifted into Cheyenne
In the Spring of '92
He had quite the reputation
And a name all the cowboys knew

He said he'd been a lawman
In some New Mexico town
And he was there with Gatewood and Miles
When they rode ol' Geronimo down

View attachment 170711

View attachment 170712

View attachment 170714

View attachment 170713
I love everything about that hat! The beaded band is beautiful! The crease and brim look perfect.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
1989 Ritch Rand 8X

Tom Horn

When he drifted into Cheyenne
In the Spring of '92
He had quite the reputation
And a name all the cowboys knew

He said he'd been a lawman
In some New Mexico town
And he was there with Gatewood and Miles
When they rode ol' Geronimo down

View attachment 170711

View attachment 170712

View attachment 170714

View attachment 170713

Amazing hat, and love the photos.

Posted this in new hats and the today thread, but I’ll put it here too. Browning Sportsman. Nice dimensions, 3 1/4” brim by my tape.

6190b234a80ef838ae7461145f9158be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points