Western, anyone?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by kokopelli, Dec 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Rmccamey

Rmccamey Call Me a Cab

That one looks at home. I'm not a huge fan of black but that one looks smart in that configuration. I like it.

J Williams likes this.
  2. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned Practically Family

The ads from '35 and '38 list a color variant for Light Sand. The product number was 6289. I think in one of your older posts someone else asked you about any tags behind the sweat and you said you didn't find anything else. Otherwise I would say to check behind the sweat seam, like on O'Farrell hats, which is where I found a tag with the product number.

Hurricane Jack likes this.
  3. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

4. This all is GREAT research....None better than having the catalog number in the hat itself!!!:eek: Too cool!!!!;);););)
    On the price reduction in the 30's...while everyone (including Stetson) WERE lowering prices as I am sure, results of the depression as you note. In THIS particular case a greater influence in price would be switching from fur felt to the less expensive wool felt.....AND could be very well why they switched to wool felt....to be able to offer a MUCH cheaper price point.
    Great research!!! Nice having this information for when I find my Sears Carlsbad (someday I hope!!!).;);););)

TheOldFashioned likes this.
  5. Thanks for the info. I'll take another look. My sweat is stiff enough that I didn't try to manipulate it too much.

TheOldFashioned likes this.
  6. Bamaboots likes this.
  7. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned Practically Family

I figured the price variance was due to the changing from felt to wool, but as you pointed out that may have been a consequence of the Depression. The hat body itself is actually in quite good shape with minimal (moth) damage. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived because the seller's pictures weren't the greatest.

The 1922 catalog also offered a higher tier version, Bond Street DeLuxe, for $6.95:
    IMG_1908.jpg IMG_1909.jpg

8. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Thanks, HJ. The Nutria and that ribbon make for a pretty good subject. They and the sun did all the work.

Ross Young and Hurricane Jack like this.
  9. Ross Young

Ross Young One of the Regulars

+1 BB, love those boots and that Nutria is perfect!

Bamaboots likes this.
  10. Wyldkarma

Wyldkarma One Too Many

Heading to the dog park, Santa fe Montichristi.

batch_20191102_085702.jpg batch_20191102_0856571111.jpg

11. Wyldkarma

Wyldkarma One Too Many

Bamaboots likes this.
  12. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Thanks, fellas.

Cornshucker77 likes this.
  13. Ken, just an FYI & I know you have a small dog. A lot of dogs end up getting their lower jaw broken at dog parks, when they play rough with other dogs & get their jaw caught under the other dogs collar. Then they usually have to be put down. Around here most owners at the park will voluntarily remove their dog's collar once they learn of the potential.

Always keep a sharp sheath knife on your belt capable of cutting thru a dogs collar.

14. Wyldkarma

Wyldkarma One Too Many

Excellent advice, we only do the park once a month or so and the ours has 3 sections, 1 for large, medium, and small dogs. She only goes into the small dog park. That's certainly a scary scenario though .

Cornshucker77 and DOGMAN like this.
  15. Wyldkarma

Wyldkarma One Too Many

16. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Cutter.

Hurricane Jack and Desert dog like this.
  17. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Forgot to post these last night. Portis and my last Jesse Bogle boots, actually my first pair made by him but the last to post.
    2D60D110-C1C6-43C7-AB53-6D703BA7B880.jpeg
    E0184CE1-FCCC-4CE1-99AA-1051E354237D.jpeg
    E6DBB316-33CD-437B-A44B-CEEF6D2CE3EB.jpeg

18. dh66

dh66

I'm a fan of that green Portis, Cuz, and I really like the way the stitching pops out on those JBs. It glows like a neon light.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bowlerman and Bamaboots like this.
  19. Wyldkarma

Wyldkarma One Too Many

Bamaboots likes this.
  20. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Bamaboots likes this.