Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

The top pic looks like an early Resistol stamp.

upload_2021-1-26_13-14-29.jpeg

Just did another reblock and restyle on this O'Farrell. I wish would have taken a few 'before' pics. The hat now sports a Cattleman creased crown and a curled 3 1/2 brim. There's no ribbon on it yet. I need to find a 3/8 ribbon of the same color. It will end up being my work hat around the yard.
O-Ferrell-Restyle-9-A.jpg

O-Ferrell-Restyle-1-AB.jpg

O-Ferrell-Restyle-5-A.jpg

O-Ferrell-Restyle-11-A.jpg

O-Ferrell-Restyle-12-A.jpg

O-Ferrell-Restyle-10-A.jpg
TJ, what liner & sweat embossing does that have?

For me it was a Gannon Highwayman on a cold afternoon out.

IMG_9951.jpg

Just did another reblock and restyle on this O'Farrell. I wish would have taken a few 'before' pics. The hat now sports a Cattleman creased crown and a curled 3 1/2 brim. There's no ribbon on it yet. I need to find a 3/8 ribbon of the same color. It will end up being my work hat around the yard.

Great job on that one TJ!!

The sweat stamp is from Kevin O'Farrell's time, right @Hurricane Jack ? Or did this flow into the Glenn family ownership as well?
Yes it's Kevin's although there is some overlap. One way to know for sure is by date. The 4 eras are typically broken down as:
  1. Pre-1990 Kevin O'Farrell
  2. Glenn Family O'Farrell
  3. Canyon Road hats
  4. Santa Fe store hats
There is some overlap in late #1 & early #2 but it was the Glenn's who went to the bolder embossing & the liner crest became a bit bigger & fancier. Box art changed with the new store.

IMG_3296.JPG

IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3295.JPG

Here you go buddy...

IMG-20210127-203025566.jpg

IMG-20210127-202350471.jpg

Love the Gannon, btw.

Maybe not the best felt, but you sure made it look great.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Maybe not the best felt, but you sure made it look great.
Thank you Brent! You're right about the felt. The O'Farrells I have aren't the best quality, imo. And they are stiff as a board! I can understand the need for some stiffness in a Western but the stiffness in the O'Farrells I have is a bit overdone! But, all of that is just my opinion. Having said everything, I at least was able to rework it into something I'm satisfied with. I like the looks of it now and I got the hat to where it fits nice and comfortable.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Kentucky Rancher i am thinking about adding a front dent or kick and maybe a matching one in back down the road. It is really stiff though so it will take some distilled water and steam. Won't mess with for a few weeks or so until I am sure what I want to try.
View attachment 305724
View attachment 305725
That's a fine looking hat. I think it looks good just the way it is. I wouldn't change a thing. But, that's just my humble opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana