Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Same here, and some Norman ancestry too, along with a tiny little sprinkling of Jewish ancestry.
Going way off topic, but my brother had several of those DNA tests done and a couple came back with 1%-2% Nigerian! We have no idea where that came in.... on Dad's side but no record of it in my mother's fairly extensive genealogy.

Rumad

One Too Many
Well to continue the off-topic trend; A good buddy of mine had his done. And he had it done several times because of the results. Came back with traces of Neanderthal. More than the “normally seen” amounts. It wasn’t altogether shocking actually, and it explains a lot.
F17A5E28-4147-4542-B8A8-C4F44EB963CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Outside for a bit to wish you all a happy St. Patrick’s Day. Storms have come and gone all day and when I sat down for a hats and drinks pic, the heat off of a nearby lighting strike caused me to retreat indoors where Connemara is being consumed. Enjoy the rest of the day and if in the SE or the path of this storm, stay weather aware and safe.
995D65A5-F4B7-4487-AF22-9D8A7B280336.jpeg
AFDD918E-A8C8-4668-BFDF-38729A9C29CD.jpeg
9093D2C8-4C56-42D8-AEE2-F391EB9D62FF.jpeg
B05729A1-C830-4309-9707-4C26DCD6E5EB.jpeg
74773963-8589-4092-ADB3-C20495B3671A.jpeg

Last edited:

Rumad

One Too Many
Outside for a bit to wish you all a happy St. Patrick’s Day. Storms have come and gone all day and when I sat down for a hats and drinks pic, the heat off of a nearby lighting strike caused me to retreat where indoors where Connemara is being consumed. Enjoy the rest of the day and if in the SE or the path of this storm, stay weather aware and safe.
View attachment 318920 View attachment 318918 View attachment 318917 View attachment 318919 View attachment 318921
Those boots knocked it out of the park Greg.

Outside for a bit to wish you all a happy St. Patrick’s Day. Storms have come and gone all day and when I sat down for a hats and drinks pic, the heat off of a nearby lighting strike caused me to retreat where indoors where Connemara is being consumed. Enjoy the rest of the day and if in the SE or the path of this storm, stay weather aware and safe.
View attachment 318920 View attachment 318918 View attachment 318917 View attachment 318919 View attachment 318921
The boots cleaned up nice, Cuz...and that's as nice a black hat as ever I've laid eyes to.

Be safe BB. Lightening is nothing to mess around with.

Going way off topic, but my brother had several of those DNA tests done and a couple came back with 1%-2% Nigerian! We have no idea where that came in.... on Dad's side but no record of it in my mother's fairly extensive genealogy.

Mine came back with 4% sub-Sahara African. My family has done extensive genealogy work on the family tree but race often isn’t included in the source documents. I was also told all my life that one of my maternal great grandmothers was Cherokee (my mom’s side is from Oklahoma and before that Tennessee and Virginia), but the DNA didn’t show any Native American.

I was also told all my life that one of my maternal great grandmothers was Cherokee (my mom’s side is from Oklahoma and before that Tennessee and Virginia), but the DNA didn’t show any Native American.

Consider those DNA “heritage” tests recreational. My daughter spent money on a couple and they both showed zero “Native” ancestry (even though her maternal Grandfather was nearly “full-blooded” Seminole and Cherokee). I told her it was due to my dominant IRISH heritage. :D

And the fact that he wanted to be a cowboy. :p

AEF43CD9-2F67-4695-81E9-0EFCAD3C8F7C.jpeg

https://www.genome.gov/news/news-re...aky-ground-to-define-Native-American-identity

Consider those DNA “heritage” tests recreational. My daughter spent money on a couple and they both showed zero “Native” ancestry (even though her maternal Grandfather was nearly “full-blooded” Seminole and Cherokee). I told her it was due to my dominant IRISH heritage. :D

View attachment 318962

https://www.genome.gov/news/news-re...aky-ground-to-define-Native-American-identity

View attachment 318962

I would have found the test results more believable if it showed large amounts of redneck and white trash. :)
I also wonder how accurate the tests are with all the variables. It seems as though genomes are pretty well mixed and muddled.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Mine came back with 4% sub-Sahara African. My family has done extensive genealogy work on the family tree but race often isn’t included in the source documents. I was also told all my life that one of my maternal great grandmothers was Cherokee (my mom’s side is from Oklahoma and before that Tennessee and Virginia), but the DNA didn’t show any Native American.
We looked up our family tree and found that a couple of our ancestors were hung from it. One was a horse thief and the other was a moonshiner.

Those boots knocked it out of the park Greg.

Thank you, Alan.

The boots cleaned up nice, Cuz...and that's as nice a black hat as ever I've laid eyes to.
And that buckle set....DAMN.....you better keep that one close.

Thanks, Cuz. Can’t complain about the way the boots turned out and they are comfortable.

I’m a big fan of the lapis style jewelry but I’m fairly conservative in what I wear. I was afraid it would be too much but this is a favorite piece, now. Always available to you.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I had a DNA test done years ago that came up with Sub-Saharan African, Asian, and Native American all in small percentages. I think many Americans have a family mythology of Cherokee origins as mine did, with relatives in Oklahoma as well. I had 2 more modern DNA tests done recently as the technology has changed and they both said Scotland and Ireland. This was also corroborated with computerized genealogy programs, that find physical records. I grew up with no real cultural identity besides being white. Sometimes I was called "White Boy", and others "Gabacho". Around here I'm just another Haole they wish would go back to Da Mainland. Although they are starting to get used to me now.

Last edited:

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Outside for a bit to wish you all a happy St. Patrick’s Day. Storms have come and gone all day and when I sat down for a hats and drinks pic, the heat off of a nearby lighting strike caused me to retreat indoors where Connemara is being consumed. Enjoy the rest of the day and if in the SE or the path of this storm, stay weather aware and safe.
Man! Sharp all around!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner