Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Just finished up this tan 3X Resistol for another short brimmed Western. The open crown is 5 3/4 inches and is creased to a 5 1/8 inch Cattleman. The brim width is 3 inches. The ribbon is a contrasting 3/8 with an OR stye bow...

Before:
IMG-20211203-062831501.jpg

After:
IMG-20211209-100016277.jpg

IMG-20211209-095836091.jpg

IMG-20211209-095825869.jpg

IMG-20211209-095856011.jpg
Impressive work, TJ!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
My three most recent "short brimmed" Western conversions. They sport 3 inch brims and have 5 3/4 inch open crowns and are Cattleman creased. All three are Resistols...
IMG-20211210-153204627.jpg

Going way back to the 1920s. Vernon Dalhart, "Wreck of the Old '97"

Excellent work as ever, Terry. I particularly like the middle one. Stand out colour.

Thanks for the song link of the original version of the Wreck of the Old '97. I've always loved Johnny Cash's version.

Vernon Delhart had an interesting life and career.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Dalhart

Mm25

One Too Many
My three most recent "short brimmed" Western conversions. They sport 3 inch brims and have 5 3/4 inch open crowns and are Cattleman creased. All three are Resistols...
IMG-20211210-153204627.jpg

Going way back to the 1920s. Vernon Dalhart, "Wreck of the Old '97"
Great work!
I don’t really need another hat, but if you ever have too many of your conversions around and want to sell one (especially the blue), let me know. You’ve developed a recognizable style that rivals custom makers.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Excellent work as ever, Terry. I particularly like the middle one. Stand out colour.

Thanks for the song link of the original version of the Wreck of the Old '97. I've always loved Johnny Cash's version.

Vernon Delhart had an interesting life and career.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Dalhart
Wow. I would never have thought that he did opera and classical music.

I like Johnny Cash's version too. He had a couple different recordings of that song and some that was recorded live...

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great work!
I don’t really need another hat, but if you ever have too many of your conversions around and want to sell one (especially the blue), let me know. You’ve developed a recognizable style that rivals custom makers.
Thank you, MM! I really appreciate that. Thank you. I keep telling myself that someday I'm going to start doing more hats and selling them. Just a few more blocks and flanges in a couple different sizes and I'd be ready to start!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, MM! I really appreciate that. Thank you. I keep telling myself that someday I'm going to start doing more hats and selling them. Just a few more blocks and flanges in a couple different sizes and I'd be ready to start!

Terry, hope you know there are more than a few of us waiting for you to start doing that. See, you've already got me and @Mm25 preparing for a bidding war on that blue Resistol :)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Terry, hope you know there are more than a few of us waiting for you to start doing that. See, you've already got me and @Mm25 preparing for a bidding war on that blue Resistol :)
I haven't forgotten you buddy! Hopefully I can get something going sooner or later. Just need a few more things to get started.

That Resistol's not the only blue one I've been working on. I'm redoing a conversion on this '50s era Royal Deluxe Stetson...
IMG-20211211-062948641.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112