Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Western, anyone?

M Hatman

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Akubra Territory clone of a southern planters hat (still needing a ribbon).

View attachment 424525
Nice Jack...
Ironically I am working on a planters hat myself.....an old Stetson 3X with just over 3 1/2" Bound brim...I finished the pork pie crown and then it sat around a while..........I have picked out my ribbon choice just this past week.....now I just need to sit down and sew it on:rolleyes:......then wear it to some summer events.:)
1652141001509.png

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Steve. I live in a small city (population 90,000), but I work 35 miles to the east in the hills outside of Yosemite National Park. I’m not much of a city guy, but I do like having one close.
Funny, I live in a small city, too. Population about 47,500. That constitutes a city in Denmark :)

There are forrests, coasts, beaches and countryside all around. I'm not much of a country guy, but I do love it being close by.

Yahoody

Practically Family
Just an FWI for anyone looking for a hat maker that is capable of making a BIG Western hat. Lisa from Top Knot Hats in SILVER LAKE, OR, built a solid 5.5" brim with a 6" crown for me on a Winchester 100% beaver blank. All on a size 7.5" hat block. Most hat makers will tell you it aint possible. $500 plus the shipping. Machine sewn, nice leather sweat. Bound edge is also machine sewn if you fancy them.

But sure enough, you don't want to be out in a strong wind with this one ;)

{update?} Lisa says she is in no hurry to make another one in this size for a big head. It aint easy that is for sure. But I got mine ;)

1652833045761.jpeg

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
It’s a bit redundant to say how wonderful your western hat collection is, Alan. Always ancient, pristine, unique and classic but i’ll reiterate such with this one. Always a treat when you share them.
That horse hair band is about as nice as i’ve ever seen too. Perfect accessory for a perfect hat.
Thanks.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWhite