Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

My Akubra Territory clone of a southern planters hat (still needing a ribbon).

View attachment 424525
Nice Jack...
Ironically I am working on a planters hat myself.....an old Stetson 3X with just over 3 1/2" Bound brim...I finished the pork pie crown and then it sat around a while..........I have picked out my ribbon choice just this past week.....now I just need to sit down and sew it on:rolleyes:......then wear it to some summer events.:)
1652141001509.png

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Steve. I live in a small city (population 90,000), but I work 35 miles to the east in the hills outside of Yosemite National Park. I’m not much of a city guy, but I do like having one close.
Funny, I live in a small city, too. Population about 47,500. That constitutes a city in Denmark :)

There are forrests, coasts, beaches and countryside all around. I'm not much of a country guy, but I do love it being close by.

Yahoody

One Too Many
Just an FWI for anyone looking for a hat maker that is capable of making a BIG Western hat. Lisa from Top Knot Hats in SILVER LAKE, OR, built a solid 5.5" brim with a 6" crown for me on a Winchester 100% beaver blank. All on a size 7.5" hat block. Most hat makers will tell you it aint possible. $500 plus the shipping. Machine sewn, nice leather sweat. Bound edge is also machine sewn if you fancy them.

But sure enough, you don't want to be out in a strong wind with this one ;)

{update?} Lisa says she is in no hurry to make another one in this size for a big head. It aint easy that is for sure. But I got mine ;)

1652833045761.jpeg

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
It’s a bit redundant to say how wonderful your western hat collection is, Alan. Always ancient, pristine, unique and classic but i’ll reiterate such with this one. Always a treat when you share them.
That horse hair band is about as nice as i’ve ever seen too. Perfect accessory for a perfect hat.
Thanks.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko