Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
My wall of westerns:

005yq.jpg

Includes all of the western hats I intend to keep for awhile (none that I won't wear or intend to sell), excluding any western derbies and ORs. Incidentally all of my pipes are also pictured here.

L to R: Stetson Austral, Montana Peaks Gus, Stockman Special, Stetson No. 1 Quality, Charles Carmack, Stetson Nutria Quality, Dobbs Golden Coach "Tarantula" velour, Resistol vented 4X, Atwood palm Gus w/ rolled brim.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thank you sirs. It does provide some solace. However, since it is actually a half level below our basement, I still have to trepse through my pre-teen daughter's room to get there.

Buzp

New in Town
Here is my 40+ year old Texas Hatters western that I recently re-crowned with a double teardrop a la Roy Rogers.
th_IMG_1015_zps5b457f5d.jpg

I had always felt the original crown was a bit too high, now I wonder if it is too short. What are your thoughts?
th_018_zps9cf31c37.jpg

Buzp

New in Town
Pure dumb luck, just watched the Roy Rogers video and gave it a try. My first re-bash.

The felt was really easy to work with when wet and stiffened up nicely when dry.

Parrotpaul

New in Town
Howdy, guys.....I just found this forum, and it's thrilling to find others who like to collect and wear cowboy hats. I will post some pics later, and thanks so much for the great ideas and pictues.

Disciple

New in Town
Here are two of my favorites. The first is an Akubra Cattleman pinched and rolled in a 1950's style commonly seen in old westerns. I have three of these in different colors. It's my favorite western style though it is more classic Hollywood than true West. Roy Rogers wore a similar style as did William Holden in the Wild Bunch and Clint Eastwood on Rawhide.
IMG_2145.jpg

The first hat posted in this thread! Yep, late 50s through mid 60s Hollywood. It's my favorite Western style. I curled my teardrop-crowned oilskin Outbacks the same way.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
It's awesome.

I love western hats, despite the fact that my being vertically challenged sometimes makes it a little conspicuous to wear the wider brims in everyday activities. Here's my best western (pardon the pun), a custom Gus in sand, made a few years back by Montana Peaks Hat Co.

0072yb.jpg

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's awesome.

I love western hats, despite the fact that my being vertically challenged sometimes makes it a little conspicuous to wear the wider brims in everyday activities. Here's my best western (pardon the pun), a custom Gus in sand, made a few years back by Montana Peaks Hat Co.

0072yb.jpg

Now that's a man's hat! Wonderful looking Gus! Nice stogie, too! Don't you just love a fine cigar! I do.

dean

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, and ABsolutely! I'm not sure that one was a fine one, however-- you can see I let it dry out, as the wrapper is flaking! There are a couple of hand rolled Nicaraguan Maduros waiting in the box above my bookcase, though... Anyway I love that hat. I wish I had the chutzpah to wear it around town more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy