Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Just an update on my Mackey and Stagecoach delivery progress.
So you can understand this better (green = done, yellow = yet to happen):
Stagecoach -> seller (August 29th) -> USPS -> international shipping (September 3rd) -> portuguese customs -> CTT -> me
Mackey -> seller (September 6th) -> USPS -> Pitney bowes -> international shipping (September 9th) -> London (September 12th - "delayed due to weekend") -> Madrid -> CTT -> me

Ebay's GSP package have cleared customs and is on route to Madrid.
USPS-CTT still no update from portuguese customs.

commanderbond

Familiar Face
My new Stetson Royal Flush! Very pleased with it. Never owned a cowboy hat before
so I was surprised by the stiffness compared to my Borsalinos!

Attachments

• vista III WEB.jpg
    vista III WEB.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 117

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
A couple of the "Old West " collection looked kind nice. At lease a variety from all the cattleman creases.

I hear you on that. I get bored with all the cattleman creased hats. I like to look for something different, too. That's why the Akubra outback and other pinch front hats get the nod.

commanderbond

Familiar Face
I hear you on that. I get bored with all the cattleman creased hats. I like to look for something different, too. That's why the Akubra outback and other pinch front hats get the nod.

It seems like Stetson is offering several 6X cowboy hats with identical crown heights and brims but they just have different names. They do indeed need to change it up a bit with the cattleman crease

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Dollar for dollar custom gives you better Hats , with options (IMHO) . HatCo is goofing up , the only change I see are bigger Brims (5") optional , going to felt hatbands with buckles (not my choice) . They do offer some Open Crown . Did anyone see the Tom Mix this time ? I didn't notice it . No Raw Edge like the 150th Anniversary Addition Tom Mix with the frayed ribbon . I was hoping they'd keep it . ... I may double check to be sure . YEP ! They're there in 6X and 4X .

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'll see the catalogs later but even I got bored of the cattleman crease long ago.
Mackey... I'll check on them pretty soon ;)

I have a 4x Stetson (probably from the 80's or 90's) that got a lot of rain and sweat. Still have it but it's a bit out of shape.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Looks like the Mackey have been processed by Madrid HUB. No word from portuguese customs... -.-'
Stagecoach -> seller (August 29th) -> USPS -> international shipping (September 3rd) -> portuguese customs -> CTT -> me
Mackey -> seller (September 6th) -> USPS -> Pitney bowes -> international shipping (September 9th) -> London (September 12th - "delayed due to weekend") -> Madrid (September 14th) -> CTT -> me
If this arrives in Portugal this night, tomorrow I'll receive it. If not, them monday I will.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Now the catalogs (or my opinion on them):
Stetson: The Tom Mix and High-Noon models still exists and I think those are the only ones available with a 5" brim. The high noon is a low crown (less than 5") and the Tom Mix seem to have a 6" open crown (4 1/2” Front).
Every other hats have less than 5" crown and 4 1/4" brims.

Resistol: Nice to see they offer the 20x Black Gold with a 6" crown and 5" brim!!! :eek:
Also other models available with 5" brim!
Some models only differ on color or hatband.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails