Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western Ranch Outfitters / Stockmens Catalogs

barrowjh

One Too Many
Seems there is just about always a Stetson on ebay that looks like the 'Stampede' and slightly less often the 'Revenger' - and of all the styles shown, those look like logical choices. Hatbands not too rediculous. The fluffy feather treatment at the bow on some of those, hmmm. Guess, maybe, that probably looked awesome - went well with a big fluffy mullet spilling out the back of the hat.

TPD166

One Too Many
I bought a Stetson Stampede off of ebay a couple of years ago - once the ugly band was removed & it was re-blocked into a "Gus" crease, it was a pretty nice hat. One of the few "modern" Stetsons regret selling.

Seems there is just about always a Stetson on ebay that looks like the 'Stampede' and slightly less often the 'Revenger' - and of all the styles shown, those look like logical choices. Hatbands not too rediculous. The fluffy feather treatment at the bow on some of those, hmmm. Guess, maybe, that probably looked awesome - went well with a big fluffy mullet spilling out the back of the hat.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Interesting, most expensive is the 15X Ridgetop Diamond Horseshoe at $200, only hat for which there is any mention of beaver content. Most rediculous is the all-wool quarter horse for $50, could have fur felt for only $15 more.

barrowjh

One Too Many
I think there is a natural limitation - there are very few of us that will spend our time posting and reading about hat details, tiny population of guys that identify with the western dress, will wear those hats regularly, and spend time posting and reading about hat details. I'm just guessing, but I think that type would be more likely to be active on forums about guns, horses, and things related to those topics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW