Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What’s the pit to pit really?!!

Most of LW sizing is pretty standard, but there are a few jackets that do not. My J23 is one. Same measurements in a 46 as all of my other 44s. Ad hoc indeed. He insists I can wear a 44 in the 23. While I probably could, I can’t see how I’d be comfortable. Never have tried though.

That and Stu’s ad hoc sizing based on nonsense.

Don't I know it. Paid for the LW's special ad hoc sizing service $500. Worth it every damn penny except not at all.

All said and done, whenever I went with a gut feeling regarding size, the jacket came out 100% perfect and those few times I actually listened to the maker, like in LW's case, I ended up with something I couldn't sell fast enough.

I know it’s been mentioned before and beat to death but he should post or at least reveal, standard sizing. The same height and weight can yield vastly different body types. The LW Ryder I had in a 44” Long had 24” sleeves. Which is absurd by any account. And a body length of 26” (which I guess could equate to a long) but certainly not by much. Granted the jacket wasn’t made for me, but I suspect the guy who originally sold it had the same level of disappointment in the sleeve length I had, and probably the same regret for selling it. LOL.

Schambach

Practically Family
Thanks ya'll. I think that one is too small for me regardless. And since the seller can't be trusted to get good measurements, I should probably just keep looking for a 44, from someone that can actually measure. @ton312 the one you had was custom, or stock? 24" sleeves wouldn't work for me either, not even close.

Thanks ya'll. I think that one is too small for me regardless. And since the seller can't be trusted to get good measurements, I should probably just keep looking for a 44, from someone that can actually measure. @ton312 the one you had was custom, or stock? 24" sleeves wouldn't work for me either, not even close.
I bought it second hand but the long tag suggests it was custom from LW. I just can’t understand how a 24” sleeve even remotely equates to a long. I can wear sleeves that length. But I don’t like it.

Schambach

Practically Family
I bought it second hand but the long tag suggests it was custom from LW. I just can’t understand how a 24” sleeve even remotely equates to a long. I can wear sleeves that length. But I don’t like it.

Oh, I missed the "long" part, that's even weirder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner