Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What’s the pit to pit really?!!

Need help here guys. What’s the actual pit to pit on this!???
CDF6D14D-0CC6-42D1-8FCF-83DB064EF5F4.jpeg

Peacoat

Bartender
It looks to me as if the bottom of the sleeve at the pit is getting in the way of the measurement. If you would pull both side out as far as they will go, and disregard the seams, you would get a better measurement. For the life of me I can't see how you two get 21.5

I'm guessing 21-ish but not sure it's exactly 21.5". Seam to seam is 18" + 4", stretched... 21-22", yeah.

EDIT: I'll go with 22".

It looks to me as if the bottom of the sleeve at the pit is getting in the way of the measurement. If you would pull both side out as far as they will go, and disregard the seams, you would get a better measurement. For the life of me I can't see how you two get 21.5
I think with the side panels flat you get another 2” but I had slow down on this. Still a good 1-2” to small. Take a deep breath, look in the mirror and repeat…
77AA8E57-C53D-4802-913A-E5486830FF84.gif

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
That’s what I think too. It’s one of those:)

oh the agony of numbers..worth a try on? Buy-Try-Fly Some jackets are worth having in hand just for a look see. I just bought one. The Price has to at least return itself. There are always worthy buyers for worthy jackets you certainly know that.

Buying non fitting jackets are either for a jacket collection or re-sell. I am very picky about the one's I keep, they have to have something pretty special.

oh the agony of numbers..worth a try on? Buy-Try-Fly Some jackets are worth having in hand just for a look see. I just bought one. The Price has to at least return itself. There are always worthy buyers for worthy jackets you certainly know that.

Buying non fitting jackets are either for a jacket collection or re-sell. I am very picky about the one's I keep, they have to have something pretty special.
Agreed. I’ve got a few pans on the burner. Not t sure I want to deal with flipping. Equally unsure I don’t. I’ve tried to coach this seller on how to measure with pictures. But I can’t quite seem to get him to oblige. This is the best I could get. So now I try to talk him down. :)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I'm going to guess 20. I think it's more than it looks based on the tape measurement, but I don't think it's all that much more. Hard to tell really from this photo. Could you ask them to re-measure?

seres

A-List Customer
I think the most accurate way to measure P2P is to measure each panel (zip to seam, seam to seam on back, seam to zip), at a line 1-inch below the sleeve opening, to arrive at a TOTAL outside circumference. Then divide this total by 2 to get the P2P.

This method ensures that the back is flat, without wrinkles to distort the measurements, and avoids the confusion I was getting by the “standard” way of stretching it flat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21