Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

More John Barry--his later Bond scores. Current track being the opener (not to be confused with the pre-titles teaser with the minijet*) from Octopussy...
*Trust me, those birds are tiny! I sat in one in a museum, and getting me out was like trying to pull a large Spam out of a small can and leave both in one piece...
----------------
Now playing: John Barry - 009 Gets The Knife And Gobinda Attacks
via FoxyTunes

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I'm listening to a tune that should be very familiar to anyone who grew up watching Warner Brothers cartoons...

warnerbrotherslogo.jpg

Eddy Duchin and His Orchestra - "The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down" (1937).

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
kittypackard said:
currently listening to Joe Venuti and Eddie Lang.

Life can be beautiful.

;)

Those two scare me. I thought it would be neat to try to learn a song by them. About six bars of sheet music later I realized that wasn't a throne I would be ascending to in this lifetime, or next, or possibly the one after that either.

Now Playing:

Duke Ellington - Harlem Airshaft

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Atticus Finch said:
Just downloaded 25 Beach music tunes to my Ipod. Anybody here know what I mean when I say "Beach Music"?
Yes, but only because I'm a self-taught musicologist.

What makes beach music, and why is it only in your part of the country? (Most beach regions don't have their own music, and if they do, it's not called "beach.") What are the characteristics of the style? How is the music enjoyed, and how are the beaches enjoyed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112