Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Feraud

Bartender
Just downloaded a group of blues mp3s.
Here are a few of the artists currently in musical rotation.
Barbecue Bob, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Doc Boggs, Grinnell Diggers, Kentucky Jug Band, Mississippi Jook Band, and lots more.

RIOT

Practically Family
Right this very second..

Listening to some Sonny Burgess, and right before that some Eddie Bond, and even before that some Gene Watson..

Miss Neecerie said:
some random mix off the 'lets remix the same song 15 times and call it an album' album.
Always a crapshoot depending on the groups that were chose to submit their cover.

There was a great "Louie, Louie" album done in the mid to late 80's which I wish I had picked up. The Motorhead version of Louie, Louie was a rock n roll revelation.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have a couple of recommendations:

Joshua Bell performing Vivaldi's Four Seasons, an absolute revelation, especially Concerto is G Minor "L'estate" presto. Awesome.

&

Hélène Grimaud performing Beethoven's Fantasia for Piano, Chorus, and Orchestra. Op 80. Intense, playful, majestic.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Ambrose and His Orchestra in 1932, with a faux sea chantey that actually entered the folk tradition.

He Played His Ukulele As the Ship Went Down

I'll tell you the tale of the Nancy Lee
A ship that wrecked far out at sea
The bravest man was Captain Brown
For He Played His Ukulele As the Ship Went Down

All the crew were in despair
Some rushed here and the others rushed there
But the Captain sat in the Captain's chair
And He Played His Ukulele As the Ship Went Down

The owners wireless'd to the crew
"Do the best that you can do
"She's only insured for half a crown
"So we'll all be out of pocket if the Ship Goes Down"

<Bobbie Comber> THAT OUGHT TO BE ENOUGH OF THAT! </BC>

Caleb Moore

Familiar Face
Second that

Hemingway Jones said:
I have a couple of recommendations:

Joshua Bell performing Vivaldi's Four Seasons, an absolute revelation, especially Concerto is G Minor "L'estate" presto. Awesome.

I just got this album from the library last week and have been thoroughly enjoying it. Wonderful. Probably my favorite album to come out in the last year.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Still stuck in 1932

...and in remembrance of Forrest Ackerman, science fiction pioneer, we hear Earl Hines and his Orchestra with their theme song...Deep Forest.

On a happier note, Ben Selvin's Columbia boys play Them Good Old Times (Is Comin' Back Again). Another cheerful thought from Bob Miller, one of the first country songwriters to catch on with the Big Bands.

Oh them good old times is comin' back again (repeat)
We'll have money in our jeans and we'll eat more than turnip greens
Oh them good old times is comin' back again

Here's hopin'. :rolleyes:

carter

I'll Lock Up
Relationship Radio:

Buy a Dog by Luce, The Day We Met by Sarah Borges, Crazy by Gnarls Barkley, Comfort by Carbon Leaf, Waiting on the Night by the Greencards, Rock & Roll by Eric Hutchinson, Orphans by Beck, U Want Me 2 by Sarah McLachlan, Perfect by Miggs, Little Toy Gun by Honeyhoney, What's Been Going On by Amos Lee, Madly by Tristan Prettyman, Everything But You by Glen Phillips, Keep the Car Running by The Arcade Fire, Always Love by Nada Surf, Don't Wait by Dashboard Confessional, I'm All Right by Madeleine Peyroux, Let Me Down Easy by Chris Isaak, The One I Love by David Gray, Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand by The Primitive Radio Gods, Whenever You're Gone by Bril, Almost Honest by Josh Kelley.

That's all Folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana