Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
My coworkers...talking...ugggggg

I still have not managed to completely unpack and reorganize my handbags into their -work- configuration after the QM.

Which means my ipod is not -here-.....and we cannot listen to streaming anything, so that means, I got nothing but typing sounds, and people loudly on telecons.

I might have to start humming to myself soon.....:eek:

Basta Music & the Beau Hunks

I have been listening to a variety of Beau Hunks music and some other selectons from Basta Music. One thing that is neat is the recording techniques are often recreations of early miked techniques. Sometimes they will use a specific stereo style like Chesky Records, other times they may use refurbished early mikes for a really warm sound. There are some mono recordings that really sound authentic as vintage but still clear and modern.

Some of the Saxophone music is extraordinary!

Here is a page on the Beau Hunks but once you are there cruise around and check out the other stuff.

http://www.bastamusic.com/CatalogueDetails.aspx?zn=1&IDCat=15

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
My gosh, John, you mean someone's listening to the Beau Hunks Sax Soctette who's not a total sax nerd?! :eusa_clap

By coincidence I just punched up the BH Quintette with Raymond Scott's Girl At A Typewriter.
As used on National Public Radio as "bumper music" (typically after a story about New York, comic books, or eccentric individuals).

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Music to puff a late night cigar by

Rocked in the Cradle of the Deep, the first known recorded baritone saxophone solo, played by Clyde Doerr in 1921.

3069671999_f69f178cd1.jpg

The well-dressed virtuoso essays a smoke.

just_me

Practically Family
Fletch - Your comments about the saxophone have started me thinking that I should pull my daughter's sax out of the closet and take some lessons. :)

And to keep this on topic, I'm listening to the soundtrack to The Mighty Quinn. Lots of good reggae.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
A variety/talent show personality, one of the least liked men in show business - ask LizzieMaine - but he had a way with a comic ditty. I liked his rendition of The Thing better than Phil Harris's.

It's 28° and snowing here, first good "stick" of the season. The meatbox is playing something seasonal: It's Winter Again by Isham Jones, 1932. It's on this CD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24