Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Starius

Practically Family
This morning I listened to the album "Bande A Part" by Nouvelle Vague. Its all cover songs from other musicians, and includes "Dancing With Myself" (Originally performed by Billy Idol) which is also the theme song for the TLC series LA Ink.

It's a pretty good album.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been listening to The Decemberists The Crane Wife lately. Great music, really. I haven't been listening to many bands from the 00's lately but these guys are excellent.

Kishtu

Practically Family
Fairport Convention - good autumn music.

And a 14lb ginger tom cat licking butter of a slice of toast and purring. (Next thing will no doubt be aforesaid ginger tom cat with indigestion in the early hours... ho hum!)

S

Samsa

Undertow said:
I've been listening to The Decemberists The Crane Wife lately. Great music, really. I haven't been listening to many bands from the 00's lately but these guys are excellent.

I was obsessed with "O Valencia" for the better part of December and January.

Rooster

Practically Family
All kinds of Fats Waller the past week or so. I'm on a Fats Waller kick so to speak. I think maybe Cab Calloway next week.

Undertow

Samsa said:
I was obsessed with "O Valencia" for the better part of December and January.

lol In fact, that song has been trailing through my head all morning up until you mentioned it. I think it's time I found another song to get stuck in my head!

mikepara

Practically Family
Just had a Flogging Molly fest! Three whole CD's worth
Whiskey on a sunday, Within a mile of home and Drunken Lullabies got the Pogues Live at Brixton in the wings. A 'green' day today.

S

Samsa

mikepara said:
Whiskey on a sunday, Within a mile of home and Drunken Lullabies got the Pogues Live at Brixton in the wings. A 'green' day today.

Add the Wolfe Tones to the play list and you'll be all set!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Movie Sound track, "Road to Perdition"

Just sitting listening to it right now. After that, it's going to be the soundtrack to "Far From Heaven.":)

zaika

One Too Many
I'm currently on a Billy Banks and Cab Calloway kick.

And Django Reinhardt.

...And The Dead Kennedys. lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
PADDY said:
Just sitting listening to it right now. After that, it's going to be the soundtrack to "Far From Heaven.":)

Good choices! I love Elmer Bernstein's music for Far From Heaven. His soundtrack for Age of Innocence is lovely too. Thomas Newman is great as well.

Dr Doran

mikepara said:

BRILLIANT. I saw Flogging Molly in San Francisco once, maybe a decade ago, and bought their CD. Fantastic show. I'm a huge Pogues fan too. I cannot listen to "Lorelei" without a tear. Same with the one about the rent boy dying in the big city. And "the sunny side of the street." And --

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko