Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

RetroToday

A-List Customer
An original vinyl of Marty Robbins - Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs (1959).

"...with a Big Iron on his hip, a Big Iron on his hiiiiiiiiip!"
Love it!

2490876195_e041912bab_m.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
Smithy said:
Very mixed bag...

Crowded House
Benny Goodman
Stone Roses
Billie Holiday
Briskeby
Slowdive
My Bloody Valentine

I've had a lot of My Bloody Valentine on my playlist lately (and not just because they are in my top 3 favourite bands of all time) - I'm lucky enough to have tickets for one of the reunion shows at the end of June in London. I'm so excited I may pop.

Hondo

One Too Many
Herb Alpert's This guy's in love with you (Hal David/Burt Bacharach)

Timeless love song, by Herb Alpert dedicated to his wife,
what a great love song, Trumpet is outstanding,
and still touches the heart,
you can still find
this video on Utube :)

This guy's in love with you

Herb Alpert

You see this guy, this guy's in love with you
Yes I'm in love who looks at you the way I do
When you smile I can tell it know each other very well

How can I show you I'm glad I got to know you 'cause
I've heard some talk they say you think I'm fine
This guy's in love and what I'd do to make you mine
Tell me now is it so don't let me be the last to know

My hands are shakin' don't let my heart keep breaking 'cause
I need your love, I want your love
Say you're in love and you'll be my guy, if not I'll just die

Tell me now is it so don't let me be the last to know
My hands are shakin' don't let my heart keep breaking 'cause
I need your love, I want your love
Say you're in love and you'll be my girl, if not I'll just die

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
MissHannah said:
I've had a lot of My Bloody Valentine on my playlist lately (and not just because they are in my top 3 favourite bands of all time) - I'm lucky enough to have tickets for one of the reunion shows at the end of June in London. I'm so excited I may pop.

I'm pea-green with envy! First time again for 16 years, you're in for a treat. Consider taking ear plugs because if they are like they were in the late '80s/early '90s, they are one of the loudest live bands ever. Have fun!

If you like MBV and haven't heard them pick up the first 3 EPs of Slowdive, they sound like MBV crossed with the Cocteau Twins. Sadly long disbanded (morphed into Mojave 3) but not forgotten.

alexandra

Practically Family
MissHannah said:

I massive pile of people I know on another forum are going to this. It's like my internet life will be connecting.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
This morning's breakfast tune -- Benny Goodman and his Orchestra, pre-Let's Dance, from a 1933 Columbia Royal Blue 78, with an excellent Kalmar-Ruby tune, "Keep On Doin' What You're Doin'." Originally written for the Marx Brothers' "Duck Soup," it was cut from that score and ended up in one of the best Wheeler and Woolsey films, "Hips Hips Hooray."

Next up, a singing Colgate Dental Cream commercial. "Cleans your breath while it cleans your teeth!"

zaika

One Too Many
Since I can't find the power cord for my record player :( I've been listening to the 1920's "radio station" on iTunes. Great music! Every once in while they play some bongo-heavy tunes from, what sounds like, the 50's or 60's...but most of the time it sounds like I'm listening to some records.

Currently I'm listening to some archived shows from the "Beyond Reality" radio show. Interesting stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany