Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

DNO

One Too Many
I do love to read, it is a good way to learn, take a "mental vacation", and to see into a picture of words the author takes us into.

I just happen to remind myself of some of the best books I have read for just entertainment reading. The author Leon Uris. So far, everything he has done, I have found worth my time to read. And some of his books have become icons of film.

May he rest in peace.

Absolutely. QB VII was an excellent book.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Finished up the "Naked and the Dead" by Norman Mailer. It was worthwhile, didn't know what the expect, very readable, and a good WWII American pacific theater novel.

Esme

One of the Regulars
Bring on the Empty Horses sounds good. I can't believe I haven't read it before.
I am smack dab in the middle of Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Liking it so far. Pretty good.

davidraphael

Practically Family
Currently reading Somerset Maugham's The Moon and Sixpence.
I'm really getting a kick out of Maugham at the moment. Anyone have any favourite Maugham novels?
The_Moon_and_Sixpence.jpg

I'm also anxiously awaiting the imminent translation of Haruki Murakami's 1Q84. Waiting on tenterhooks! Only a few days to go!
I've read everything by Murakami and consider him one of the best living writers.
1Q84bookcover.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
Currently reading "The Queen's Necklace" by Dumas. Having previously read Dickens' rendition of the French revolution ("Tale of Two Cities"), I wanted a French version of those time. Dumas has a four (?) volume series that I am now starting.

DNO

One Too Many
Just finished Impact by Douglas Preston and have started Revelation by C. J. Sansom. I quite enjoyed Impact and so far Revelation is interesting.

rue

Originally Posted by rue
Bernard Shaw and Mrs Patrick Campbell: Their Correspondence
Interesting read........

Finally finished this book! I only had time to read it for about 10 minutes every night, so that's why.

Anyway, it was a great book, but the ending just ended and it made me want to know what happened. I guess that's the way with letters.... one day they just end [huh]

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Waste (1924), by Robert Herrick. A social-realist novel that talks about a lot of the Big Issues in American life that we still talk about today (unless we're novelists - the social novel is good and dead), and that we still don't have any answers for.

Last edited:
Just finished Dead Six by Larry Correia & Mike Kupari (dunno why Larry gets top billing, he actually joined the project halfway through--yep, that's right, a novel born from a gun-forum Creative Writing thread!LOL) and now moving onto Larry's Spellbound: Book II of The Grimnoir Chronicles. Magic + machine-guns + pirates + ninjas + zeppelins in an alternate 1930s = head-splitting awesomeness...

Last edited:

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
I just picked up a copy of Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails. I just started thumbing through it but am excited to find some new recipes or maybe I should say new to me.

BigFitz

Practically Family
"L.A. Noir: The Struggle for the Soul of America's Most Seductive City" by John Buntin, non-fiction. A great read so far, especially makes a good companion piece if you like James Ellroy's L.A. quartet.

Recently finished Ken Bruen's "Headstone", another installment in the Jack Taylor series set in Galway, Ireland.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
"Thrones, Dominations" which is the postumous Peter Whimsey. Given that it was co-written after the fact, it is quite good. Plenty of Dorothy Sayers in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner