Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Grimms' Fairy Tales - Not your average kid stuff, for sure. It's amazing to see how much more violent & not-so-happy most of these stories really were.

Hercule

Practically Family
Grimms' Fairy Tales - Not your average kid stuff, for sure. It's amazing to see how much more violent & not-so-happy most of these stories really were.

These can be difficult to read depending on the edition. When we were first married my wife and I used to read these stories out loud to each other (how often do you read out loud?), and it wasn't as easy as it may sound. The edition we had was a British one from the 30's and though it was in English (the vocabulary was a bit odd at times) it seemed as though it retained the original German syntax. A fun exercise nonetheless.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
These can be difficult to read depending on the edition. When we were first married my wife and I used to read these stories out loud to each other (how often do you read out loud?), and it wasn't as easy as it may sound. The edition we had was a British one from the 30's and though it was in English (the vocabulary was a bit odd at times) it seemed as though it retained the original German syntax. A fun exercise nonetheless.

Would definitely be odd sounding if read aloud! lol

I have a newer version published in '04. Very small print with detailed illustrations. But, then the book itself is small enough to fit in a pocket. Love it so far & know I'll be sad when it's through.

owlbeen

New in Town
I've got two going, currently.

Truman, by David McCullough, and Meadowsweet, by Baroness Orczy. You can probably guess which one is currently full of sand from being carted to and from the beach, like any proper dimestore novel.

topango

Familiar Face
Finding Everett Reuss Story of a Artist/Poet who goes missing in the Four Corners area in the 30's and whos body was recently found... and he did not die of natural causes, have I said to much?

Last edited:

JonnyO

A-List Customer
"A Distant Fire" by Paul Hashagen, it's about legendary figures and historical fires of the New York City Fire Department between the mid-1800's and mid-1900's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy