Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

Alice Blue

One of the Regulars
Just read Nella Last's Peace, which is a selection of diary entries from post-war austerity Britain. Great stuff if you're interested in social history.

I'm going to keep visiting wartime Britain through the short story collection Good Evening, Mrs. Craven, by Mollie Panter-Downes. And I've got a few graphic novels out of the library to keep me from burning out on the war (escape reading from my reading, as it were).

Last edited:

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
Back in the late seventies, I purchased a book about the late Howard Hughes, since then I have read loads more about the guy. I don't know how many I currently own, but my latest aquisition 'Citizen Hughes' by Michael Drosnin, published in 1985 is quite an eye opener.
The various shenanigans that this guy got up to is mind boggling. Forget the recent film, far more becomes apparent if one reads enough books. The links between the Russian politico's and America, the Watergate scandals, the airline scams etc etc. fascinating stuff. All backed up with testimonies from interested parties...... I just love the man, despite him being ultra-odd.. !!!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
n126484.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
Just started Karen Maitland's Company of Liars.

Just didn't quite finish Michael Crichton's Micro. Couldn't be bothered finishing...that fellow is one inconsistent writer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ