Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

phebus

One of the Regulars
I live somewhat nearby and every time I drive by it I think one of these days I'm going to stop and check it out. But I probably never will!

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Guess those shoe houses must've been of modular construction, like your beloved diners – there used to be one in Memphis, too, although it was apparently poured concrete and architect-designed! Sadly it was demolished just before I first visited (knocking down pop culture icons is a Bluff City specialty):

71843aa75d10c9b3e4f39b0516c9afda.jpeg

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Very different designs, but I guess a popular(ish) theme at one point. This one was built in 1949 by a shoe company magnate. It's all wood with stucco overtop. Two bedroom. Nice kitchen.

here's me at the weekend Llandudno North Wales UK
black Victorian frock coat with fur collar 1930's wool striped dress trousers silver topped cane silk top hat
942913_411900205575991_2077153785_n_zps4752e157.jpg

with adoring fans
945740_10201187915285139_1024159218_n_zpsf158b0a0.jpg

Harris tweed jacket breeks high collar waistcoat oxblood brogues leather hunting bag the hat I made myself !!
603776_10151884826979045_646193724_n_zps85e5f70d.jpg

417922_10151880364009045_1131186376_n_zps22e9425c.jpg

Oh and brandy flask umbrella !!

Last edited:

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Utterly sensational Vampire Master... very imposing in the frock and top.

Mr Badger – great 'relaxed' pics on the previous page... is the vintage market any good? Is it a regular thing, and where, if I may ask?... we're not far from the Somerset border. We went to a 'Vintage At The Village' event at Puriton a couple of weeks ago, and came away with a decent Bower hat and nice jacket, but I’m always looking for more items.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Utterly sensational Vampire Master... very imposing in the frock and top.

I concur, excellent outfits! And you made the bag yourself? Brilliant!

Mr Badger – great 'relaxed' pics on the previous page... is the vintage market any good? Is it a regular thing, and where, if I may ask?... we're not far from the Somerset border. We went to a 'Vintage At The Village' event at Puriton a couple of weeks ago, and came away with a decent Bower hat and nice jacket, but I’m always looking for more items.

Bit too relaxed! The BathVA Vintage and Antiques Market is on twice a month, the first and last Sundays, and generally has a respectable mix of stalls – from clothing and housewares to furniture and decorative items... twice a year they hook up with the local college to run a vintage clothing-only edition, which are the ones we DJ at, to end the Bath Fashion Week – they're probably your best bet, in terms of maximising the amount of schmata dealers you'll see...

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Bit too relaxed! The BathVA Vintage and Antiques Market is on twice a month, the first and last Sundays, and generally has a respectable mix of stalls – from clothing and housewares to furniture and decorative items... twice a year they hook up with the local college to run a vintage clothing-only edition, which are the ones we DJ at, to end the Bath Fashion Week – they're probably your best bet, in terms of maximising the amount of schmata dealers you'll see...

Thank you for the info Mr Badger :) its many years since I've visited Bath, so it would be a great excuse for a visit.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here are a selection of recent outfits:

Saturday night, out to the pub (after 12 hours painting the house):
Saturday_zps12407011.jpg

A rare outing for a bow tie:
Friday_zps2aa06fe8.jpg

A day off work and a chance to spend all afternoon in a pub in a backstreet in Borough with some old mates:
Ellison-meet-1_zps290630a0.jpg

Ellison-meet-2_zps8590a848.jpg

Wednesday-jerkin_zps983120e4.jpg

Today - the sun was shining so I went for a casual look - then the weather turned and it was blowing a gale all day!
Thursday-cravat_zpsd7a46681.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Thanks - but there really isn't much competition where I live! In Croydon 'well-dressed' means you bothered to change out of your pyjamas before going out of the house!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass