Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Time to freshen up the act, guys.I don't mind sock puppeteering as long as the script is witty and amusing, which yours, I'm afraid, is not.

simonc

Practically Family
I was wearing this the other day if that counts, I don't get here very often.
UwWxhA6.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Thats why there should be early 20s dances. That way the hipster's narrow legs and highwaters will be correct.

Highwaters? US hipsters, maybe. Over here the Shoreditches all wear girls' jeans, really tight and with really low waists. And because they're cut for girls, they wear the crotch round their knees. They look like hip hop kids whose clothes have all shrunk in the wash.

Edward

Bartender
Thanks Edward!
I found the jacket at a thrift store. It's locally (New Zealand) made, 100% wool, likely from the 80's or 90's. Sadly, like most NZ clothing manufacturers, the company has since closed down. It's short in the body and reminded me of a vintage wool flight jacket. The price was right too, $10 ;)

Jinkies, that's a bargain. It's a great example of how you can often pick up modern pieces with a totally vintage-correct look if you keep an eye out.

Edward

Bartender
Thanks Edward!
I found the jacket at a thrift store. It's locally (New Zealand) made, 100% wool, likely from the 80's or 90's. Sadly, like most NZ clothing manufacturers, the company has since closed down. It's short in the body and reminded me of a vintage wool flight jacket. The price was right too, $10 ;)

Jinkies, that's a bargain. It's a great example of how you can often pick up modern pieces with a totally vintage-correct look if you keep an eye out.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Something quick for dinner. My Mother told me I look like her grandfather did, in a good way.

1920s Stetson Expo, 1950s Shirt, 70s Army Trousers, Johnston & Murphy's Holbrook Linen shoes

01412.jpg

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
cpdv, great looks, you pull them off very well, and it's good to see someone who actually cares about style in a clothing store!
I was trying to figure out who you remind me of, it is Peter Lorre.

Jacket looks great Simonc.

This is me today:

The bag might be of interest to some people, it is a Finnish army gas mask bag, widely available, cheap and extremely capacious.
Also brown rather than olive green, lessens the military look.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Metatron, that's a good look. I dress similar very often with a work shirt and the swedish trousers. The bag looks interesting indeed. Brit ebay?

Metatron

One Too Many
Thanks. Not my best effort, but I was just running errands around town.
The bags should be easy to find, either on UK ebay or various surplus sites like varusteleka.com.

I had been looking for a practical bag for a while, and these are really perfect.
Good quality material though roughly constructed.
Several compartments, and you can get a lot of stuff in there.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Frank; Looking sharp sir. I really like the entire outfit, including the Champ fedora and Basenji. My wife and I have had the pleasure of living with 4 Basenji's.

Best, Eric -

Thanks for the kodo's and your looking pretty sharp yourself with that V.S. Wanderer ,his hats might cost alot more but
boy does it show, suberb lid !
Yea my little buddy is a hand full he run's around the walls of our house never mind the rooms .

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Verr nice, Frank! That suit is awesome! Liking the new hat as well!

Job, you and your boy look great!

Spencer, the black & white photo takes it. Very nice!

Today, I went shooting with my Mom, her boyfriend, and my little brother before I go off into the Army. The gun is a .40. Was my first time shooting, and it is pretty fun!!!!

55738810.jpg

Here are the results

00112.jpg

00212.jpg

00313.jpg

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Man, looking sharp Frank, Job and Dinerman!
Justin, that looks like fun, man. I haven't been near a gun for a while :( But I wish you best of luck in the Army, it's a good experience and I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Yesterday I wore this to church. A Tom James Royal Classic Suit, a 1950s hat, and John Drake's shoes. The pants aren't that short or loose, the wind is blowing on them.:eek:

Zjb9qZ7.jpg

cpdv

One of the Regulars

My brother snapped this the other day. The suit is the "Parkleigh Aristocrat" Can't really tell in this picture but it is quite fitted, has almost no shoulder padding and if the pants were cuffed and not falling down a bit (I need buttons for braces) the cut reminds me very much of the early 20s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran