Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

SteveAS

Practically Family
The little woman and me at yesterday's Gatsby Summer Afternoon:

cbf863ee18fa11e3890a22000a1fbc9a_7.jpg

mrlamp

New in Town
I tried something slightly new today. I think it looked quite good, and when I find a hat that match the outfit will be quite perfect.
1230001_10151870437476145_397302205_n.jpg

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
To Mass this morning:

Vintage Co-Op brown with black/red overcheck 2-piece suit, camel doeskin waistcoat with notched lapels, cream Charles Tyrwhitt shirt, vintage "Woolards" hand-blocked wool foulard tie, khaki silk handkerchief and braces, brown hose, chocolate brown suede Oxfords (Samuel Windsor)

Reverse painted glass expandable links (vintage) with game bird design, Kienzel pocket watch with two-tone fancy chain and gold-filled pencil.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Mrs Badger and I have just returned from a most pleasant long weekend in Paris – I DJed at Le Tiki Bar again and delivered my Bam-Balam belts, wallets & wristbands to Born Bad Vintage Clothing... I took my circa 1976, tailor-made English country suit; three different RL loop collar, flap pocket rayon shirts & a couple of semi-spear cotton shirts to wear with a red polka-dotted silk scarf; a mustard wool waistcoat for evenings; a spare pair of trews & shoes; an Ecuadorian straw for fine weather and a Big Apple cap for inclement... this 'capsule' approach worked very well sartorially, apart from the fact that most of the time, the weather was a couple of degrees C too warm for my suit jacket ... we were too busy having fun to take many photos but here are a couple...

A guy in a vintage clothing shop liked my outfit and asked to take this snap:

1237948_10153227219880471_637346044_n.jpg

And here I am during a delightful lunch with Mrs B at the splendid and affordable Chartier:

1236405_10153225978340471_1231083779_n.jpg

And a silly one: a friend took us to see an amazing collection of old fairground rides, pipe organs and sideshow games that's rarely open to the public. Here I am paying 'homage' to my grandfather, who worked for John White shoes in Northampton! :D

1175471_10153225852940471_456128720_n.jpg

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Great pics Mr. B. For a second there I thought that first pic might be of your closet! :D

I do have wardrobes (and a tallboy, plus some trunks) but that's the 'vintage' department of Espace Kiliwatch, which is presided over by a genial gent named Jacques. They have some quite nice stuff, but it's really just a glorified Urban Outfitters – although Jacques was dressed very well, in the French 'work jacket & bandana' manner... Mrs B found a nice Rockmount ladies' western shirt but one sleeve was near as reaching the point of shred, while I looked at their 75-150 Euros vintage 'bleu' work jackets and thought I'd find one down the flea market, which I did, for 15E / $20!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy