Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

TSP13

Familiar Face

I find that in my pursuit of the "Cult of Youth" look I find myself looking very modern. Only the collar is period and it's a "slidewell" from around 1915 or so. My spectators are allen edmonds 90th anniversary re-release of a pair of their original line from 1922.
I find myself in the same position a lot of the time being a teenager... especially when going for the early 1920's look, which seems to compliment me best, because I can't afford any 1920's clothes, and my parents just can't appreciate the vintage look. If you have any tips let me know, and I will do the same.

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
I find myself in the same position a lot of the time being a teenager... especially when going for the early 1920's look, which seems to compliment me best, because I can't afford any 1920's clothes, and my parents just can't appreciate the vintage look. If you have any tips let me know, and I will do the same.

I'm thinkin' it's not a matter of being able to afford 1920's clothing more a matter of where you are lookin' for them, or even repros of them.
One can come across items at a thrift store (GoodWill, Salvation Army Thrift, second hand thrift shops & even yard/garage sales & flea markets).
These are much more a matter of Really diggin' around....

Exactly how I came across just about everything I have

fashion frank

One Too Many
New Homburg and Pinstripes !

Good Day Everyone .

Bought a new Homburg last week and paired it up with one of my favorite pinstrip suits.

B.T.W. a good woman friend of mine from church said to me this morning , "why you look like Dapper Don where are you going " I replied " why thank you and I take a compliment where ever I can get one" . :) and as far as where am I going ,right now here at Church , but later this afternoon I am going to see Vito Saritelli ( another member of our church) conduct the Providence Civic Orchestra and hear some big Band Swing music ".

Pictures to follow later today in another Thread .

I really like the fine pinstriping of this suit .

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

fashion frank

One Too Many
Last edited:
Very sharp Frank. You always have it looking right.
Metatron, I know that look.
Cpdv it's good to see that some young guys still dig the old looks.

Bigman that pic brought back memories of my own granddaddy. In the 20 some odd years that I knew him, I can count on one hand maybe the number of times he was not dressed like that. My grandmother had him laid to rest in overalls. Thanks for bringing that back for me - sincerely

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
A couple of recent outfits:
IMG_3693_zps4d3995be.jpg

IMG_3706_zps26e7961d.jpg

fizmo22

New in Town
Hi -

Does the e-workers 1904 herringbone jacket run small? I am planning to order the same jacket but am uncertain about the sizing.

Did you have to order 1 size up from your normal size?

Thanks for your help!

Kip

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Not today but on the weekend we had an intro cricket match. Needless to say while I have most of the kit, I havene't the foggest idea of how to play (team sports and I are not on close terms...). But I had a great time:

407737340.jpg

407737339.jpg

Not today but on the weekend we had an intro cricket match. Needless to say while I have most of the kit, I havene't the foggest idea of how to play (team sports and I are not on close terms...). But I had a great time:

407737340.jpg

407737339.jpg

While respecting that the roots of baseball extend to cricket, I have always thought that the best part of cricket is the clothes. Chasseur, great outfit. If memory serves, there was a cricket match in last season's Downton Abbey and, once again, the clothes were the best part of the scene.

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Black Cole Haan win tips, vintage grey wool chalk line trousers, modern royal blue French cuff shirt, modern grey and blue striped tie, sterling silver cuff links, peacoat, and grey Champ Fedora.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran