Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Pinesiw that coat is fantastic! Great find. Looks right with the cap, too.

Simon, you and the gents are looking right and tight. Looks like a good time. The streamers of blue lights caught my eye, are they Christmas decorations. I was in Odessa at Christmas time two years ago and there were a lot of lights like that everywhere. I've never seen any like them here in the States.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Metatron

One Too Many
London meet up AA, me and Mr TT

Tc032Ohl.jpg
Shame I missed this. Sign me up for the next one!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
This is a close-up of what I wore for the FL members meet-up in London last week:

1950s Tootal tie, Luxire shirt and 1992 suit by Rosamund Black (inspired by an early 1950s British suit).

FL-Nov-2013_zps8f6422c2.jpg

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
Pinsew,now that's my kind of outerwear..love that the jacket is a thrift store find..(I can't stay way from them places).. nice cap btw!!

Melatron,You guys look great..very classy..

TwoTypes, your tie is rockin cool..and I love that herringbone jacket!

cpdv,great hair cut..cool duds too!

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I assume it is a 2x4 buttoning one?

No. Here it is on it's first outing back in 1992:

weddingsuit0001.jpg

Rosamund Black was a tailor's daughter who studied fashion but learned about tailoring from her father. She ran the most fantastic vintage clothing store called Blax that is fondly remembered by veterans of the London vintage scene. When I was a poor student I could never afford to buy anything from her. The shop had stock she had found in factories up and down the country - including unfinished suits from the 1930s. My wife has a 1930s coat that had never been finished: Rosamund put the lining in for us. I can recall a suitcase filled with ties and on one visit to her home she offered me an unworn 1920s safari suit (just too small). She really had fantastic stuff. And a garage filled with vintage cloth. The trousers and shorts I now wear are still copied from those she made for me back in the 1990s.

I have tried to track her down but haven't had any luck. She gave up vintage fashion after her landlord doubled her rent (and the shop sat empty for two years) and she ended up restoring antique furniture. I last saw her buying flowers at 15 years - if anyone knows where she is I'd love to get in touch. Even just to say thanks (and maybe to ask if she's got any stock left).

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
@Two Types

Ah - thanks for the photo. Yes, I remember that one - your wedding suit, right?
I think these elevated-single-button DB's are very appealing. Quintessentially post-war European.
It reminds me of this Czech suit jacket I have:

SAM_4635.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails