Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
good stuff gents. lots of individual looks. this is me channeling the English college vibe.
photo below is students at Balliol college (Oxford), mid 20s.

_1020673_zps441213cb.jpg

tumblr_mgj1l2WagS1r9xcm5o3_1280_zps94ab2d68.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
HBK: is the jacket vintage or one of yours? (the lapel shape makes me think it's one of your own home tailored jackets)

Whichever way, it's a good look!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great picture, hbk. Last time I looker haversack offered more military inspired garments, safari jackets and so on. The jacket in the pic fits seamlessly into your outfit.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Well done hbk - that jacket is great indeed. The blue with red pipping is more...subdued than some of those collegiate blazers I've seen. You have epitomized "brooding collegian."

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ralph Lauren "1929" belted back linen cotton blend jacket with patch pockets (even has a cute Palm Beach rip off label on it). It seems to be quite correct in my opinion...even has the correct shoulder seam and higher arm holes I would expect to see in a late 20s jacket.

Do you have more pictures of that jacket? The angle and cropping of the photo doesn't tell much. I am asking because I had very mixed resultswith RL beltbacks. The purple label db jacket was near perfect but didn't fit me. Then I got a tan (polo) linen beltback and it was only so so. Very low belt, small lapels, empty shoulders. It would be a natural shoulder if I had big muscles maybe.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Do you have more pictures of that jacket? The angle and cropping of the photo doesn't tell much. I am asking because I had very mixed resultswith RL beltbacks. The purple label db jacket was near perfect but didn't fit me. Then I got a tan (polo) linen beltback and it was only so so. Very low belt, small lapels, empty shoulders. It would be a natural shoulder if I had big muscles maybe.

I'll find one or have one taken for you.

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
Model 1858 Brogans?

Errr... nope.
In the photo i'm wearing a pair of brown St. John'sBay oxfords til I find better Proper leather footwear.
Even though I do have them (all that is left of my CW kit), I shoulda thought of that. Dunno if for dressing a 1910's period that 50 yr old footwear woulda been correct.
Would it ?
CW era brogans in 1910-15 ?

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Errr... nope.
In the photo i'm wearing a pair of brown St. John'sBay oxfords til I find better Proper leather footwear.
Even though I do have them (all that is left of my CW kit), I shoulda thought of that. Dunno if for dressing a 1910's period that 50 yr old footwear woulda been correct.
Would it ?
CW era brogans in 1910-15 ?

It was hard to tell in the photo and you had the look about you like you might have worn a blue or grey suit at some point. And as far as shoes like that in the Edwardian they are a pretty basic derby style shoe albeit a bit rough but still.

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
Yup. That was a purdy crap photo.
A day-to-day look that I aim for is of working-class.
The trousers are a charcoal grey. I love 'em & wear 'em often. The waistcoat is actually gray wool w/ a Lt Gray pinstriping. Goes well w/ said trousers.
Shoulda thought that maybe brogans were still in some kinda use during 1910-15's.
May include wearin' my brogs....will get lotsa looks whit the heel-plates makin' all kindsa racket.

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Thank you DH66 :) It's nice but a friend of mine once commented it makes me look like I'm wearing body armor :p

Christopher Scoggins, I like the patch pockets and the fabric! Maybe shorten the sleeves a lil and you'll have a nice and serviceable jacket.

Wore this to church today.

oPFO8Kn.jpg

Wore this today to church

TSP13

Familiar Face
I like that a lot. I think that the jacket sleeves could be a tid bit longer but overall a very good look. :)
Oh, come on, longer jacket sleeves are boring, I always show at least an inch of shirt cuff, it really makes you stand out. I do it more so if the jacket has tappered sleeves.

nihil

One of the Regulars
Yes, standing out as someone who can't afford clothing with a proper fit.

However, I don't think HamilcarBarca3's sleeves are overly short.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner