Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Marvelous suit.

Wearing it with a black bowtie is rather... hm, let´s call it daring.
Now you´ve covered all bases at the same time: pinstripe street suit, sporty belt back and formal black tie. :p

I think it would look best with a blueish, greyish or deep red 30´s shiny silk or brocade tie.

Black suit dated 1938 (belted back), 1920s silk shirt and soft collar, 1930s bowtie. Wish the picture showed off the nice nipped waist this suit's got!

pinstripe2.jpg

Ouch!! very nice, bow looks good to me
VM

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Suit's a stunner HS. I agree with Fastuni that you have merged formal/city/sport elements in a way that risks making your ensemble incoherent. BUT - your suit already invites such blending, given that it merges those wardrobe categories in its very design - made of heavy black fabric with a broad peak lapel, but also a sporty pinstripe and belted back. So thus the bowtie works for me. And anyway, pinstripes are so synonymous with city-wear these days despite the pattern's sporty origins, and I think that also helps this look not seem distractingly incoherent. Well done!

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
Here's me today. I chose this outfit for distributing my home-made valentines to friends and co-workers.

Stetson Royal
Lands End Canvas red gingham
Banana Republic shawl collar cardigan
military surplus pea coat
Orient Flight
the tie was made by my Instagram buddy @t_v_landwehr

Down below I'm wearing my Gustin Loomstates, and Redwing Iron Rangers

Oh and this harness leather belt which I dyed with cordovan dye last night to go with this gorgeous Art Nouveau buckle. I suspect (and hope) it will fade a bit with time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk