Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

LadyBaltimore

Familiar Face
Also, if I can cheat and post what I wore last weekend (I just recently begin snapping photos of what I've been wearing, but I don't get to wear fun vintage clothes for work, so this really only applies to the weekend)…

17100400226_1096b3a57e_c.jpg

1950s oval polka dot day dress (so comfortable!)

And over that I wore this 1950s vintage varsity jacket...

17125711271_45f044bb05_z.jpg

I've been on the hunt for a vintage varsity jacket for a while now, and really wanted one with an awesome patch, and preferably not someone's name (because I feel slightly strange wearing someone else's name, but also because that confuses people). I must confess, I am very ill-coordinated, and this is probably the closest I'll ever come to athleticism. But you know, athletes can have their sweat and muscle cramps, I'll just take the jackets. ;)

LadyBaltimore

Familiar Face
Thank you, bond! It IS tough taking photos while twirling, I'm glad people understand! :D

Thanks, Rudie! I rather feel the same way looking through this thread, and wishing more guys I knew dressed so dapper!

Also, if I can cheat and post what I wore last weekend (I just recently begin snapping photos of what I've been wearing, but I don't get to wear fun vintage clothes for work, so this really only applies to the weekend)…

17100400226_1096b3a57e_c.jpg

1950s oval polka dot day dress (so comfortable!)

And over that I wore this 1950s vintage varsity jacket...

17125711271_45f044bb05_z.jpg

I've been on the hunt for a vintage varsity jacket for a while now, and really wanted one with an awesome patch, and preferably not someone's name (because I feel slightly strange wearing someone else's name, but also because that confuses people). I must confess, I am very ill-coordinated, and this is probably the closest I'll ever come to athleticism. But you know, athletes can have their sweat and muscle cramps, I'll just take the jackets. ;)
Very cool, Lady B, and even cooler that you have some of your grandmothers' stuff to throw into the mix.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
16503705254_1bc8d71417_c.jpg

1950s gingham dress, 1930s or 1940s (-ish? I'm not 100% sure) white beaded purse that once belonged to my maternal grandmother, and a necklace that was my paternal grandmother's (not that you can really see either of those, but I'm sentimental about them). It's been in the low 60s the last couple of weekends, which is good enough for me to break out the sandals and imagine it's already summer!

P.S. Sorry I look really snobby in this photo, haha. I discovered today that I make involuntary strange faces when spinning around. lol Who knew! I'd never seen photographs of myself spinning before today, but the full skirts of 1950s "new look" dresses were made for twirling around!

Very stylish. You look great!

PantherMkV

New in Town
HamilcarBarca3 your suit/boater combination looks fantastic!
Hyena Stomp that outfit with the white trousers really is sporting! Great combo.
LadyBaltimore the gingham dress looks beautiful; great look!

I wore this outfit today, though with a flatcap instead of a boater. The pic's from a shoot a few months back. :)
11021130_10153111434294324_4759282441393827534_n.jpg

~MCRB

Big J

Call Me a Cab
HamilcarBarca3 your suit/boater combination looks fantastic!
Hyena Stomp that outfit with the white trousers really is sporting! Great combo.
LadyBaltimore the gingham dress looks beautiful; great look!

I wore this outfit today, though with a flatcap instead of a boater. The pic's from a shoot a few months back. :)
11021130_10153111434294324_4759282441393827534_n.jpg

~MCRB

That boater looks great on you. I always think that if I wear one, I'll just look like a butcher, baker, or candlestick maker, or something. Oh, my big round face.

16503705254_1bc8d71417_c.jpg

1950s gingham dress, 1930s or 1940s (-ish? I'm not 100% sure) white beaded purse that once belonged to my maternal grandmother, and a necklace that was my paternal grandmother's (not that you can really see either of those, but I'm sentimental about them). It's been in the low 60s the last couple of weekends, which is good enough for me to break out the sandals and imagine it's already summer!

P.S. Sorry I look really snobby in this photo, haha. I discovered today that I make involuntary strange faces when spinning around. lol Who knew! I'd never seen photographs of myself spinning before today, but the full skirts of 1950s "new look" dresses were made for twirling around!

That is a home run dress. IMHO, that dress is never in or out of fashion because it is a classic - classic lines, design and color. Well done (spin execution - spot on / face focused, not snobby).

The polka dot dress is cute (love the sneakers and socks with it) and the varsity jacket is vintage cool, but the gingham dress is the super star.

LadyBaltimore

Familiar Face
Thank you all so much for the kind comments! :reface:

PantherMkV, have you ever seen the HBO show Boardwalk Empire? Your look definitely reminds me of some of the ensembles worn by men on the show, and I do mean that as a compliment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot