Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
CharlestonBows said:
RBH - I love the Shepherd's Check. The contrasting patterns make the ensemble uniquely personal. And bonus points for the brown suede.

I do tend to go for the more unique and original look. Mixing various tweeds and fabrics all together.. I do get accused of being over the top.. but, hey, we all like to be individuals here don't we?!

Marty M.

Vendor
PADDY said:
Alan, I had no idea of this wee hobby!! I have an Irish Blackthorn stick (very basic and the thin 'walking out' type) which had been my father's. But I'd be interested to hear more about your canes, the styles, types..etc (maybe a new thread Alan? ;) ). Very interesting though!

I'd second PADDY's idea of a thread about canes. I would love to see some of your canes Alan.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Nah, I'd never would do it.

Jovan said:
Marty, if you wore a suit and overcoat made of the same fabric, that would be awesome and daring and cool. Of course, you might draw comparisons to this...

men-outfit-621-zoom.jpg

That's even worst then the matching tie and pocket square out of the same material. Never done it, never will.
Marty Mathis

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Photo Above ^^^

'That' style of dress just does 'nothing' for 'me.' Like an London East End wise boy 'at best!'

Sometimes when you try to be 'too perfect' in your dress, it just does not work, because just like some of the great beauties of this world, the beauty is in the slight 'imperfections' that are inherent, rather than being 'totally perfect' and in order.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Individuals, individuals??? We don't want any of that talk around here!

Alan
Sir RBH said:
I do tend to go for the more unique and original look. Mixing various tweeds and fabrics all together.. I do get accused of being over the top.. but, hey, we all like to be individuals here don't we?!

Jovan

Suspended
PADDY said:
'That' style of dress just does 'nothing' for 'me.' Like an London East End wise boy 'at best!'

Sometimes when you try to be 'too perfect' in your dress, it just does not work, because just like some of the great beauties of this world, the beauty is in the slight 'imperfections' that are inherent, rather than being 'totally perfect' and in order.
*shrug* I think it's interesting. Like a three piece suit but not.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
All I will say is that anyone who thinks a good cane carried in the city is a meaningless affectation has never had robbery attempted on them, and anyone who thinks the same about taking a blackthorn knobstick on a country walk has never been attacked by a mean farm dog or a bull. The cane or knobstick is a traditional accessory that serves a number of purposes including protected the gentleman and his lady from harm.

I make sticks and canes for friends as gifts or to commemorate special occasions. As I spend a couple of weeks on each, I like to 'road test' them before I hand them over. I was carrying one such yesterday (made for the father of the bride at a forthcoming wedding) and more or less chose the outfit to go with it. I have actually made two over Christmas - one silver and one gold. The gold one is for another special occasion, which will be made clear later.

Irish sticks are great (particularly when they are made of bog oak, which the traditional Shilelagh stick should be) but I like the traditional English knobstick best. My favourite is one that I made for a friend and was 'field testing' it when my wife and I were attacked by a very angry bull. What happened next is, as it says in 'Billy Budd', history, but I am convinced that the good stick saved us from serious injury. Needless to say, I made another stick for my friend and kept that one, suitable 'done up', as a valued friend

Affectation? I don't think so.

I..er..don't like to show off ones that I have made.

Sorry.

Alan

io
PADDY said:
Alan, I had no idea of this wee hobby!! I have an Irish Blackthorn stick (very basic and the thin 'walking out' type) which had been my father's. But I'd be interested to hear more about your canes, the styles, types..etc (maybe a new thread Alan? ;) ). Very interesting though!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What 'I was' going out in...

But plans have had to change as gales have wrecked havoc across Scotland/Northern England and so 'work' needs to be done around the outside of the house. So plans have had to become flexible![huh]

FOR REFERENCE:
B-Wear Newsboy Cap (sometimes called a Gatsby).
1930's tie.
Button down Oxford shirt.
Wooly scarf (most necessary right now!).
Doe skin waistcoat.
Barnstormer Horse Hide DB Jacket (by AeroLeather).
Herringbone heavy cotton high waist pants (RL).
My Mike Sullivan high laced Oxford cap boots by Grenson.

Dogs are model's own!!;)

Birthday07007.jpg

Birthday07008.jpg

Birthday07009.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
You look great Paddy! I wish I needed a wooly scarf, it's freakishly warm here in Boston today (its forecast to be near 70). That jacket is particularly marvelous (I love the color), as are the canine accessories!

On topic, I am wearing a particularly boring, non-vintage outfit today--black skirt, red shirt, heeled Mary Janes and not a jot of jewelry. I really do need to start setting things out the night before...

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Paddy-You wear that look so well.I would love to assemble a similar look for my husband.

Quoting Imoldfashioned:" I really do need to start setting things out the night before..."

I resemble that comment.
Did not have a chance to take pics yesterday.I'll bring my camera to work and see if they can help take pics.If not,the husband will be able to Saturday.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
rubyredlocks said:
Did not have a chance to take pics yesterday.I'll bring my camera to work and see if they can help take pics.If not,the husband will be able to Saturday.

Mille grazie Ruby--I really do appreciate it!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
blue Irish wool cap
REI organic cotton gray and maroon plaid jacket
LLbean black jeans
white castle t-shirt
blue pincenez
blue/gray leather shoes
IMG_4588.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
At a conference today:

Olive check three-piece single-breasted two-button ventless suit
Jos. Abboud ecru spread-collar French cuff shirt
Nino Cerruti light green patterned tie
Cream cotton pocket square, points up
Black crocodile belt
Green and gray rectangular cufflinks
Swiss Army watch with black band
Olive/maroon microdot OTC socks
Burgundy striped garters
Black crocodile tassel loafers
Black double-breasted topcoat
Black leather gloves
Jos. A. Bank silk/wool black and gold scarf
Black wide-brim fedora

Marty M.

Vendor
A picture is worth ........

J. M. Stovall said:
Maybe we can all pitch in and buy him one, his descriptions without photos are killin' me! ;)

Nah, word's out that he's got a ton of Dough. He'll have to buy his own :rolleyes: .
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart