Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Marty M.

Vendor
It's Stroller Wednesday.

I always think of my pal AlanC when I wear this outfit. He taught me the name "Stroller". It just goes to show that you can teach an old dog new tricks (or terms).
Thanks for viewing.
Marty Mathis

P1010297.jpg

P1010301-1.jpg

P1010291.jpg

P1010292-1.jpg

P1010307-1.jpg

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
WOW Marty!(Yes,I meant to yell):eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Knock my socks off,why don't you?

Me:
Black tank top
Emerald green cardigan
1940s black with white flecks knit skirt
Skinny white belt
Mother of Pearl brooch
Black tights
Black booties

47b8df28b3127cceb32c2c1e7c2e00000005109AbOXLFk0bS

Marty M.

Vendor
Well now...

rubyredlocks said:
WOW MartyKnock my socks off,why don't you?

If I did that We'd get thrown into the new "Vice" sectionlol .
By the way, your outfit ain't too shaby either ;) .
Thanks for your nice comments.
Marty

Dagwood

Practically Family
Marty M. said:
Not yet. I'll have them this Spring. You can get them at www.Spatterdash.com Really nice people there. Just remember to wear plain or cap toe shoes. If ya know what I mean :eusa_doh: .
Marty

Having never wore spats...should the spats be the same size as your shoe? For example, if you wear a 10 1/2 shoe, should the size of the spats also be 10 1/2? Thanks for your help.

Marty M.

Vendor
Oh no you're not.

Patrick Murtha said:
You won't. I'm done with the thread.

I hope that you're joking PM. Your attention to detail is extordinary. Besides, we need another Northerner to post here ;) .
Your pal,
Marty

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Marty M. said:
If I did that We'd get thrown into the new "Vice" sectionlol .
By the way, your outfit ain't too shaby either ;) .
Thanks for your nice comments.
Marty

lol lol lol
Thank you Marty.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Patrick Murtha said:
You won't. I'm done with the thread.

I hope to God that aren't being serious. I made the comment in jest. It was sarcasm. I was just trying to tell you how much we all want pictures from you because your descriptions are always so perfect.

Come on, please. I would hate to be the member who got rid of Patrick Murtha.

Jovan

Suspended
I "caused" a member to leave Style Forum because of a similarly obvious joke. Yep. The fact that in his next post he said he was leaving because of the "immaturity" there and that he was a little oversensitive had nothing to do with it at all. :rolleyes:

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Jerekson said:
I hope to God that aren't being serious. I made the comment in jest. It was sarcasm. I was just trying to tell you how much we all want pictures from you because your descriptions are always so perfect.

Come on, please. I would hate to be the member who got rid of Patrick Murtha.

Well, sort of serious. I know your comment was sarcastic, and I've gotten several such. I would guess that they were mainly friendly-spirited (well, one I'm not sure), but the repetition of the theme is getting to be a downer. I apologize if I replied petulantly. But it leads me to question why I'm posting in the thread in the first place.

When I first began posting such descriptions to two other well-known menswear boards in July 2006, it seems that about the half the posters in the "What are you wearing today?" threads included pictures, and half did not. Those percentages have shifted; it's probably more like 80/20 now, and here at The Lounge, the tendency is even more pronounced.

I'm a prose guy. I like writing the descriptions of my outfits, and I like writing other posts as well. But taking photographs of myself is not my particular form of self-expression. It's true that I don't have the correct camera set-up, and I have been using that as an excuse; but it is also true that I have been in no rush to remedy that situation, either.

Pictures draw a different sort of comment than descriptions. At the SF board, the take-downs are positively brutal, and the label snobbery is out of control; I wouldn't post pictures there if you paid me. At AAAC, the reactions are not so pronouncedly critical, but still snarky sometimes. Here at the Lounge, politeness reigns, but I still haven't been eager to post pics.

To fully reveal my "left hand column" here -- I'm not wearing Brioni. I enjoy my suits, I get them well altered and I accessorize them sharply, but I'm still not blowing $1,000.00 or more a pop. I don't need to spend that kind of money to look decent in Northeast Wisconsin -- no one here is really going to care about the difference between Brioni and Joseph Bank, and most of them can't even see that difference.

But on the boards, it's a different story; there's "expert" scrutiny. And while that's fine and all for those who want it, I feel no raging desire to defend my choices all day long, whether those choices be in the area of general style, color coordination, or cost of goods.

But if I look at what has happened, I find I'm defending myself anyway, for not posting the pictures that I was not posting in order to avoid other areas of contention! It's a lose-lose -- as, I'm afraid, posting in electronic forums often is.

I'm not going away entirely, I'll still post at The Lounge on a variety of topics, but I honestly do think I need a break from this thread.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Jovan said:
I "caused" a member to leave Style Forum because of a similarly obvious joke. Yep. The fact that in his next post he said he was leaving because of the "immaturity" there and that he was a little oversensitive had nothing to do with it at all. :rolleyes:

I don't mean to be oversensitive, honestly, Jovan, but I don't think I'm required to deal with joking (or not-so-joking) posts about my lack of pictures every day (and lately it has been getting to that). "Obvious" jokes can get tiresome.

Style Forum often is pretty immature, when you get right down to it. It's certainly a combative place (and I haven't been entirely immune to that tendency there).

Jovan

Suspended
Oh, I wasn't trying to be mean to you Mr. Murtha. Sorry. I pretty much knew you wouldn't leave because of something like that. Should have made that clear while recalling the story.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Jovan said:
Oh, I wasn't trying to be mean to you Mr. Murtha. Sorry. I pretty much knew you wouldn't leave because of something like that. Should have made that clear while recalling the story.

I think I'm just having one of those weeks. :) Maybe I am a little sensitive. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Patrick Murtha said:
I know! I'm photographically challenged right now (got a digital camera, but no charger, no tripod), so this will have to be a project for the New Year. I don't think I'm a good photographer either, but I suppose I could try to get better. :)

In the meantime, I'll keep the prose a-comin'.

Don't go. Get that camera up and running. And good photography isn't the be-all - Marty's great looking threads always shine through even the pea-soupiest blurs. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace