Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Black cords
green shirt, buttoned all the way up, no tie
Swiss wool greatcoat
gray leather shoes
Disney hat
IMG_4357.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

this second picture isn't today, but it shows the coat well.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Wow, thanks everyone!

Marty those cuff links are AWESOME!
Dinerman, super coat. Fits you to a T!
Miss Hannah, great outfit, but I LOVE the split bang. You look adorable!
Nikki

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Blue '40s double breasted
yellow custom shirt
White monogrammed pocket square
burgundy electricity/lightning bolt abstract '30s tie
black herringbone pants
brown '50s florsheim shoes
Knox derby
My favorite cufflinks, which have tiny crabs set in Lucite with a mother of pearl background
Doxa Anti-magnetic wristwatch
IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
Are those the vintage jeans posted in the Powder Room? They look great and I love that top too.

Thank you! No these are different ones - the ones you're referring to are more forties, with a side zip. These ones are Wranglers and I suspect they are probably from the sixties judging by the label. They are a little too short for me (as always) but they work as cropped ones. I'm guessing there weren't many women my height 40 years ago, certainly not judging by the descending height of women in my family as you back through the generations! Me 5'9", my mum 5'4", my grandmother 5'1", my great grandmother 4'11"! Only anecdotal evidence but it makes you wonder doesn't it!

The top is a great vintage inspired modern number and I'm SO chuffed with it. It even has a ribbed band that hugs the waist - perfection! It's also available in cream with black details so I may have to save up for that version too.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Ensemble for another dreary Wisconsin winter Saturday (I know, I sound like a broken record)

Vintage Brooks Bros. single-breasted three-button single-vent tan camelhair sportcoat
Levi's 529 light denim low-rise "straight leg" jeans (although these are called straight leg, the leg openings are actually a wide 22")
Marshall Field's light blue button-down, open neck (bring back Marshall Field's! Chicago is still mourning)
Brown jeans belt
Vintage trout fly in left lapel
Light blue cotton pocket square, puff fold
Lous watch with tan band
Brown OTC socks
Allen Edmonds dark brown Saxon bicycle toe lace-ups
Tan single-breasted topcoat
Brown leather gloves
J. Crew wool/cashmere green/orange horizontal-striped scarf (very striking, new purchase)
Broner wool/rayon tan plaid cap

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
The top is a great vintage inspired modern number and I'm SO chuffed with it. It even has a ribbed band that hugs the waist - perfection! It's also available in cream with black details so I may have to save up for that version too.

Interesting about the height thing isn't it? Both of my great grandmothers were under 5' too.

I swear all the modern clothes I like are from the UK/Ireland. I've got a friend who goes home to Dublin and comes back with the most amazing stuff. I've joked about giving her money to be my personal shopper--I really should!

Marty M.

Vendor
CharlestonBows=My favorites are not too dissimilar, actually -- round and in black and white instead of color.Those are very nice. Never found them in color.

Post them if you can.

Patrick Murtha=Levi's 529 light denim low-rise "straight leg" jeans (although these are called straight leg, the leg openings are actually a wide 22")

Yes, that is rather an oximoron.

Patrick Murtha=Allen Edmonds dark brown Saxon bicycle toe lace-ups

That style is now discontinued I believe. Bummer, it's a great looking style.

ohairas=Marty those cuff links are AWESOME!

Thank you. Sometimes ya just have ta lighten up a little.

Indycop=Don't sell those in your store do ya?

I do. Though my suppler just alerted me that they wern't going to import them from England anymore. Big bummer.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
What I wore a while ago?

I couldn't post what I wore all day today at my Daughter's basketball tournament. So I thought I'd post what I wore a while back at the Custom Tailors and Designers Assoc. Convention. It was my rendition of a '60's Vegas entertainers outfit. Thanks for viewing.
Marty Mathis

Suit: Lt. Gray 120's wool and silk sharkskin weave suit. Very trim fit.
Lining & Tie: Matching orange paisley pattern 100% silk.
Shirt: White cotton herringbone weave. French cuffs trim fit.
Shoes: Heavy black wingtip Blucher's by Allen Edmonds.

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

Marty M.

Vendor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick