Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

The Wingnut

One Too Many
17jan08.jpg

Bama Mike

Familiar Face
CharlestonBows said:
Black blazer? Nice change up.

The tie/shirt combo is very nice, and I like the double cuff with the blazer.

Thank you very much. The blazer is actually navy blue - probably just shows up as black on the screen.

BTW, Charleston is a place I very much would like to visit and if I do then I will definitely stop by your place. I've heard it's a lovely city and one I've read a good deal about. I admire Charleston in that she has kept her architectural integrity intact. Mobile still has some treasures (been around since 1702) but suffered greatly during the 1970s and 1980s as downtown businesses and people fled to the suburbs. Many fine historic places were torn down. The downtown area is making a comeback now and old buildings are being restored.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Mike, looking great as always.

Wingnut, it just works.

If yesterday I was very grey, today I am very brown:

Gold/brown houndstooth single-breasted three-button ventless sportcoat
Brown flannel cuffed trousers
Jos. A. Bank brown long-sleeve merino wool polo, buttoned to top
(The trousers and shirt are very close in color)
Brown pocket square, puff fold
Brown leather dress belt with vertical score lines
Brown OTC socks
Allen Edmonds dark brown Grayson tassel mocs
Lorus watch with tan band
Armani Mania cologne
Tan single-breasted topcoat
Brown leather gloves
Navy scarf with burgundy stripes
David Hanna speckled brown tweed cap
LL Bean 6-eyelet duck boots with tan uppers

Marty M.

Vendor
CharlestonBows said:
There is a lot here to appreciate, and think folks around here need to really take the time to study this academically. It's something that doesn't pop, it's not vulgar, it doesn't knock the eyes out. It's a truly well-dressed set up. Noticable because of its elegance, it's style, not it's power. I really, really like the subtle elegance of this. Very clean, very rich, lots of color layers. I could never devise this combination myself, I'm just not sartorially mature enough.

It reminds me a lot of what my late great grandfather used to wear every day when I was a kid. Incidentally, he was also a tailor & clothier, starting in 1921, not long after he got back from serving in WWI in Europe, at age 22 until he passed at 93. It's what I strive to achieve everyday.

P.S. -- I believe it's Greek, not Roman. ;)

Thanks CB. Your Grandfather is one of the guy's that made our Country the great Country that she is today.
Marty Mathis

Bama Mike said:
Thank you very much. The blazer is actually navy blue - probably just shows up as black on the screen.

BTW, Charleston is a place I very much would like to visit and if I do then I will definitely stop by your place. I've heard it's a lovely city and one I've read a good deal about. I admire Charleston in that she has kept her architectural integrity intact. Mobile still has some treasures (been around since 1702) but suffered greatly during the 1970s and 1980s as downtown businesses and people fled to the suburbs. Many fine historic places were torn down. The downtown area is making a comeback now and old buildings are being restored.

We're very fortunate in that Charleston didn't get Sherman's wrath the way other cities, like Atlanta did. We have a whole different city department dedicated to preservation down here, and it's actually a pretty lucrative law field, as well! I look forward to you, and all Loungers, making the trip to do the Charleston ;).

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Bama Mike said:
Mobile still has some treasures (been around since 1702) but suffered greatly during the 1970s and 1980s as downtown businesses and people fled to the suburbs. Many fine historic places were torn down. The downtown area is making a comeback now and old buildings are being restored.
:eek:fftopic:

Mike, I have very fond memories of Mobile, and have always thought it was a great town! When I was stationed at Keesler, most of the folks I knew would head west to New Orleans. I always headed east to Mobile. I loved the city museum and the historic fort that spanned the 10, and loved hanging out on Dauphin Island. I always found Mobile to be a very personable, friendly place, and have always felt like it lived up to the model of Southern hospitality and dignity. I'm glad to hear that the downtown is being renovated.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled clothing!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Mike, nice pics!
Marty I really like this latest tie!
Wingnut, great pic and hat, but I LOVE your avatar! :eek:
Dinerman, awesome sweater!
Nikki

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
DSC02039.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

DSC02055.jpg

Corneliani suit, DB6x2, two vents
Il Portone shirt
Polo tie
Silk map pocket square
Santoni wholecuts (polished slightly blue)
Silver and enamel cufflinks with gold inlay
Oris watch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred