Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The pefect suit fabric (pattern)

DSC02049.jpg

Marty M.

Vendor
Here's another.

imoldfashioned said:
Another fabulous outfit Marty--I love the way you mix stripes and patterns. The suit fabric is especially wonderful.

Thanks Imoldfashioned. I love mixing patterns and textures. Here's a closer look at a up coming post.
My best.
Marty

P1010372.jpg

P1010376.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Today's outfit is a little different. Not only is it Casual Friday at work, it's Packers Casual Friday here in Green Bay because of the game Sunday. Which I hate, because people wear all this tacky green and gold sportswear. But today, I decided to participate in my own way.

Jos. A. Bank black cuffed corduroys
Tommy Hilfiger kelly green shirt with contrasting white button-down collar and white barrel cuffs, altered for me by Maldonado Shirtmakers
(No sportcoat because none of mine really works with this shirt, and the shirt deserves to speak without competition)
Jos. A. Bank gold tie with black and white rep stripes
Gold collar bar angled down
Black braided leather belt
Swiss Army watch with black band
Calvin Klein Truth cologne
Jos. A. Bank black patterned OTC socks
Bostonian black kiltie tassel mocs

And for outerwear:

Adler black leather car coat
Black leather gloves
Black leather driving cap
(All of which makes me look a little like an Irish gangster :))

Bama Mike

Familiar Face
Same navy blazer as yesterday but the rest is of a purple theme - shirt, tie, and pocket square. Collar bar, but no tie bar. Simple silver cufflinks, but no hat today.

100_1614.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Bama Mike said:
Same navy blazer as yesterday but the rest is of a purple theme - shirt, tie, and pocket square. Collar bar, but no tie bar. Simple silver cufflinks, but no hat today.

100_1614.jpg

Stylish attire as usual, and my compliments to your barber as well, because that's a very nice haircut. It took me about twenty tries in Northeast Wisconsin before I found a barber I was satisfied with. :)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Marty M. said:
Thanks Imoldfashioned. I love mixing patterns and textures. Here's a closer look at a up coming post.
My best.
Marty

P1010376.jpg

Previews! I love previews! Another great outfit--not enough men wear turtleneck sweaters in my opinion.

Bama Mike

Familiar Face
Patrick Murtha said:
Stylish attire as usual, and my compliments to your barber as well, because that's a very nice haircut. It took me about twenty tries in Northeast Wisconsin before I found a barber I was satisfied with. :)

Thank you very much. That's a nice compliment. I'm thinking of growing my hair out a little longer on top while still maintaining it around the bottom.

Lucky Strike said:
DSC02039.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

DSC02055.jpg

Corneliani suit, DB6x2, two vents
Il Portone shirt
Polo tie
Silk map pocket square
Santoni wholecuts (polished slightly blue)
Silver and enamel cufflinks with gold inlay
Oris watch

Incredibly well executed. I love the mixing of the patterns (stripes & dots, et.). Further, and perhaps most important, the drape & proportions of the DB suit are spot on, it seems. You have excellent posture, and that really makes a difference any Corneliani (from my experience, anyways), especially a DB.

A beautiful fabric, to boot! And I'm in love with that watch -- wanna sell it? ;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The Achilles heel of a gent's dress wardrobe. Every other aspect has been aesthetically weatherized but footwear. [huh]

DSC02055.jpg

Tomasso said:
The Achilles heel of a gent's dress wardrobe. Every other aspect has been aesthetically weatherized but footwear. [huh]

I've tried the "alternate shoe" route, sporting Chelsea boots for puddle stomping to the shop, while keeping my wingtips in the messenger bag. It works okay if you are staying put a while, however it can be a little bulky.

It works okay, but given that the streets around the law school are below sea level, I end up in pretty nasty puddles despite my best efforts - especially at high tide.

That might be a good line for you to start: Tomasso Bespoke Galoshes. I'd buy it!

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
CharlestonBows said:
I've tried the "alternate shoe" route, sporting Chelsea boots for puddle stomping to the shop, while keeping my wingtips in the messenger bag. It works okay if you are staying put a while, however it can be a little bulky.

It works okay, but given that the streets around the law school are below sea level, I end up in pretty nasty puddles despite my best efforts - especially at high tide.

That might be a good line for you to start: Tomasso Bespoke Galoshes. I'd buy it!

The Swims Mobster overshoe, with its "spats" effect, looks pretty cool, although I haven't bought a pair yet:

http://swims.no/

I also swear by LL Bean duck boots, which send preppy signals in every direction. If I'm going to be inside for a while, I do also bring dress shoes with me as you suggest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred