Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
Aw Pink, you look darling!! Perfect for the event, you must've turned a lot of heads, possibly a few broken necks!! I can't wait for the warmer weather, I've got some beautiful 20's outfits I'm just aching to wear. Oh, I just noticed, I have those shoes! Can't walk in em' though, they're far too high for me. Kudos to you for wearing them!!

Thanks! I only lasted from 7 AM - 12:30 PM in those shoes and me feet are sore today! :eek:

metropd

One Too Many
I wore this around Little Italy today

nicholasintophat2.jpg

Adele

One of the Regulars
I wore this for a critique:

Outfit.jpg

Hair.jpg

Accessories and such:
Watch.jpg

Purse.jpg

May I also just say:

lyburnum: I don't think I've ever commented to you, but truly, I love your style. Moreover, I agree with others on their comments regarding your classiness.

CharlesB: You look handsome in that suit - hope it isn't too bold of me to say. I do not intend to be as so.

JEEP

Practically Family
Todays attire for a watch-enthusiast's gathering:

Outfit_150308.jpg

White shirt
Green/brown striped tweed west
Light brown jacket
Khaki wool trousers
Burgundy and green silk tie
Brown leather belt
Brown leather shoes

Tiebar and cufflinks:

Slipsenl02.jpg

Manchetknapper06.jpg

Watch:

Revue01.jpg

/Jakob

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
A touch warmer, a touch brighter, as Wisconsin inches toward spring. Second day in a row without outerwear! (Not that I dislike outerwear, but after a long winter it's nice not to need it. :))

Golden brown houndstooth SB 2B ventless wool/mohair sportcoat
Marshall Field's "Field Gear" tan cuffed chinos, slightly wide leg opening
Light blue button-down shirt, open neck, crisp white tee underneath
White/light blue patterned cotton pocket square, points up
Brown jeans belt
Lorus watch with tan band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Tan ribbed OTC socks
Cole-Haan tan suede/white suede spectator penny loafers (I've been waiting for a spring-like day to wear these!)
Scala dark tan fedora with marching band, feather, "Scala" pin

metropd

One Too Many
Bugsy said:
I agree with Jakob; however, the effect is incredible and well worth the effort. You look perfect.

Thank you Jakob and as always thank you very much Bugsy. I would love to see your outfits as well Bugsy!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Stetson flagship
REI organic cotton jacket, with an action pleated front, which gives great range of motion.
Black slacks
boots
'40s MR.T plaid patterned tie.
IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
lyburnum said:
My outfit for shopping today:

IMG_9951.jpg
IMG_9945.jpg

Marlowe, P: I always appreciate any comparisons with the lovely Audrey Hepburn :D She's become somewhat of a style icon to me - mostly because her physique was very similar to mine, so what suited her generally suits me.
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing. (You gave me permission before, hope this is okay!)

Similarly, one of my style icons for the Golden Era is Jimmy Stewart, precisely because he is a lanky fellow like myself. Now, if I could just find a Golden Era suit...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Adele your outfit is great, and your finger waves are incredible!! I'm so jealous!! My hair is too long, and I've got way too much of it to get a nice close to the head, tight finger wave. I love your hair color too!! I'm thinking of going red. Probably will happen this week since my stylist is going to Europe for a few weeks and I've gotta see her before she goes. Can't let anyone else touch my bangs!! She's actually coming over tomorrow for a photo shoot and bringing her shears to trim my bangs. Apparently she saw my latest photos, then called me to tell me I needed them trimmed!! That's the tough part about having short bangs, I have to trim them every week, and I only trust her with them for she's the only one who knows how to round them the way I like. So she's gonna be gone, then I'm going to Europe for 2 weeks only a few days after she gets back, so that means if I wanna go red I gotta do it this week. That way any adjustments I need can be done the day before I leave for my trip. Ugh!! Guys have it so easy!!
But anyway, I really did mean to just leave you the compliments, not go on a hair stylist tangent!! Gosh, I guess I am stressed!!
Well done though, I am envious. I'm going to show her your pic tomorrow and see if she thinks that color will be a good shade for me. I have pale skin and green eyes, so she thinks red will be good, but it's all about getting the right tone.
OK, tangent done!! Sorry! Those of you who know me shouldn't be at all surprised by this:D You know you all love it!!! lol!!

Today: Tight dark jeans, my favorite pair with funky jazzy back pockets. They're tucked into my favorite pair of knee high black leather boots with about a 4 inch heel, a tight black cardigan with black bead buttons up the front and halfway up the sleeves, a black ribbon for a belt tied in a bow at my side. Hair is down with a black orchid tucked behind one ear, and of course my favorite shade of dark pink lipstick with a topcoat of sheer lip gloss.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
*"Chinatown" cowboy conversion fedora
*1970s Woolrich jacket
*Modern Arrow shirt
*1930s J.C. Penny vest
*1940s tie
*Modern suspenders
*George Trousers
*Botany 500 spectators

me017.jpg

me018.jpg