Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Bugsy

One Too Many
What I wore to the Vintage Clothing Fair

Three piece, double breasted, pinstripe suit made in England probaby pre-WW II
Vintage brace from England with chains connnecting to buttons,
Reproduction tie
Vintage mother-of-pair cufflinks
Vintage opal tie chain

mogultv

mogultv

mogultv

mogultv

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Nice. What makes you think '70s on the jacket? I'd have plumped for a little earlier . . .

bk

The girl I bought it from said her dad bought it new and wore it in college back in the 70s. The tags support her story. But its style is very vintage which is why I bought it.

wooljacket001.jpg

wooljacket002.jpg

wooljacket003.jpg

Depends upon how you define vintage. When I say vintage, i mean middle 60s and earlier. Many people also say today: "1990s isn't vintage?". I feel that a cut-off point is necessary, and i put it in the middle-late 60s. This is arbitrary in a sense. But i feel that a lot of the fashion woes began in the late 60s - low rise, big armholes, yada yada. I regard the 70s fashion, therefore, as essentially identical to modern clothing, barring incidental and ephemeral style flourishes. I believe the same for almost every phenomenon that you can throw at me. Nothing has changed since the 1970s. We have been in essentially the same funky rut for 35 years. Fashion is merely a very visible part of the rut.

Note: i believe - unlike a number of vociferous FLoungers - that the 70s have stuff to offer. I just don't like to include them in the vintage category for the reason stated above.

An argument i won't again participate in.

bk

Note: I also believe that the vintage industry has engineered the current trend for "Isn't 70s vintage?". They love it! All that 70s crud they've had in the warehouses that no-one wanted to buy? They've convinced the media - and the chumps who believe what they're told by the fashion media - to cut them some slack and get the sheep to buy it as "vintage". Vintage shops have become horrid places to visit.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
A tad colder today; back to the topcoat.

...although, with the temperature at 28, I saw one young guy outside the mall in shorts, teeshirt, and flip-flops. Mind over matter -- create your own reality by what you wear! :)

Jos. A. Bank brick red SB 3B single-vent wool blazer
Nautica light gray cuffed wool trousers
Brook Bros. navy/white striped point collar shirt, open neck, crisp white tee underneath
Navy silk pocket square, ponts up
Black leather dress belt with silver buckle and tip
Swiss Army watch with black band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Jos. A. Bank black OTC socks with multi-colored vertical stripes
Cole-Haan black bit loafers
Nautica black DB wool topcoat
Black leather gloves
Susan Horton red/black patterned rayon chenille scarf
Black/white tweed newsboy cap

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Stetson flagship
'50s "Stratoflex" cufflinks with a '50s airliner in flight over a globe
yellow shirt
collar bar
early '50s double breasted, with very drapey fabric.
'40s pocket square
'30s arrow tie
black pants
black captoes
IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

Jerekson

One Too Many
Dinerman, I need to get myself a jacket like the one you are always wearing. I'm sure it would get alot of use from me.

Again, that's a splendid hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925