Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
In honor of Titanic.......
Titanic era blouse, petticoat, and stockings. The necklace is a replica of one brought up from the wreckage. The petticoat is really a crayon purple shade, a very nice sateen cotton.
Nikki
Those stockings are works of art Nikki--I've never seen any that elaborate before. Gorgeous blouse as well!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
A 50s turquoise linen-blend pencil skirt that is pretty damned narrow, white tshirt with small puff sleeves, skinny black belt, nude stockings, black ballet flats, and a 3/4 sleeve black cardigan. Finished with a vintage clear lucite and silver bead necklace and bracelet set, with matching earrings. My hair is in a ponytail. It's a pretty classic 50s J.D. look, especially once I get my black biker jacket on :)

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
As the temperature approaches 70 here in Northeast Wisconsin, a guy's fancy turns to his summer threads...

Nautica blue/white SB 2B single-vent seersucker jacket (borrowed from suit)
Tan gabardine cuffed trousers
Light blue striped shirt with white spread collar, white French cuffs, royal blue monogram on left cuff
Pierre Balmain solid royal blue tie
Vintage abstract tie clip in royal blue

2262803170102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Royal blue patterned silk pocket square
Cole-Haan royal blue/white striped braces
Oval royal blue cufflinks
Fosssil watch with gold/silver band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Burberry cologne
Navy patterned OTC socks
J&M Brennan white nubuc wingtips

2180194920102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Vintage BB straw boater with red/black band

2485131160102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Vintage Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses

My outfit has so many royal blue accents today, I should be styled "HRH"!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Nothing fancy today, but I am wearing a grey sweater shirt and grey plaid a line skirt with black blyers wedges. Very 1940s collegaite(sp?). Oh and I might throw on a 1940s vinatge black swing coat being as its a chilly 60 degrees down here(its flippin' florida it should not be this cold!).
BTW Kitty T your outfit sounds devine!

Samantha

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
I tell you, people really responded favorably to the classic summery elements in my outfit today: the seersucker jacket, the straw boater, the white buck wingtips, the bright blues. I was fielding compliments all day, both at work and out in public; it was very pleasant (yes, I have an ego :)). A young girl in my apartment complex just smiled and said, "You look very handsome!" That's a kick for a 49-year-old to hear.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Patrick Murtha said:
I tell you, people really responded favorably to the classic summery elements in my outfit today: the seersucker jacket, the straw boater, the white buck wingtips, the bright blues. I was fielding compliments all day, both at work and out in public; it was very pleasant (yes, I have an ego :)). A young girl in my apartment complex just smiled and said, "You look very handsome!" That's a kick for a 49-year-old to hear.

Very nice, Patrick!

I bet you looked like a dandy, especially with the boater and seersucker. I can't wait to bust out my seersucker. Come on warm weather!

Twilight

Familiar Face
I wasn't wearing anything vintage, but I felt pretty when I wore this outfit last week. :D haha
[I'm usually just in a t-shirt, blue jeans, and my chucks.]
Sorry for the not so good photo:
DSC_0124-1.jpg

And I was wearing my very first pair of "big girl" heels. lol
[I've only had one pair of heels before and they were barely one inch high.]
Here's a picture of them since you can't see them in the above photo:
DSC_0120-1.jpg

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Patrick Murtha said:
2485131160102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

My outfit has so many royal blue accents today, I should be styled "HRH"!

Your Royal Highness - any good source for boaters? Mine was borrowed around ten years ago, and it's getting to the point where I don't feel like asking for it back...

Yesterday:

DSC03582.jpg
DSC03584.jpg

DSC03587.jpg
DSC03591.jpg

Today:

DSC03600.jpg

DSC03597.jpg
DSC03606.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Lucky Strike said:
Your Royal Highness - any good source for boaters? Mine was borrowed around ten years ago, and it's getting to the point where I don't feel like asking for it back...

Jovan had a whole thread about this. Brooks Bros. has them new for $125.00; the going rate for a decent vintage boater on Ebay US is about $40.00-$60.00. That's how I got mine, through Ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran