Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

MissHannah

One Too Many
Yesterday, in a field in Devon!
Vintage cardi, vintage wranglers and vintage shell necklace plus vintage polaroid sunglasses. Modern handbag and bangles :)

May08field.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
You're kidding me!!! You have the proportions of a much longer woman!

thank you!! I have allways felt so short with very short legs, so this is a great compliment!

BTW I love your cardigans.. I have spotted a lot of beautiful ones on you! I think I need some more vintagy cardis

MissS

A-List Customer
Big Man - wow, I looove this outfit! Do you have a close-up of the waistcoat and chain? Is there something attached??
Miss Hannah - stunning as always!
Dinerman - sharp tux!

MissHannah said:
You're kidding me!!! You have the proportions of a much longer woman!
She's right--even adjusting for camera angle, parallax and other optical effects, you look closer to 5'6" or 5'7" to my eye--then again, that may be the heels at work too, although I did try to correct for them too...
Look on the bright side, it means it'll be that much easier for Mr. Right to sweep you off your feet!;):D

Dinerman, remind me never to let you anywhere near the ordnance-locker or even out of my sight if we ever cross paths... that second pic's facial expression looks kinda like when I'm gearing up to go berserk on somebody! A nice tux on a lucky guy, though...

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
She's right--even adjusting for camera angle, parallax and other optical effects, you look closer to 5'6" or 5'7" to my eye--then again, that may be the heels at work too, although I did try to correct for them too...
Look on the bright side, it means it'll be that much easier for Mr. Right to sweep you off your feet!;):D

You're right about that - I think my heels are 4 1/2 inches, so it makes sense that I look so tall. You know what - I have never been sweeped, carried or scooped up, so if that happens, I'll take it as a sign! :)

Darhling said:
You know what - I have never been sweeped, carried or scooped up, so if that happens, I'll take it as a sign! :)
And should I take that as an invitation?;) (Even though it'd mean I gotta hit the weight-pile a lot more, I'm ridiculously undermuscled and undertoned for my build--once you get past the thick layer of insulation, I'm mostly solid bone.) Clearly an oversight by most of the men who've crossed your path...

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
rmrdaddy said:
I may be new here, but if I may be so bold, that's the Crime of the Century right there....shakeshead

I am glad somene thinks so too!

And should I take that as an invitation? (Even though it'd mean I gotta hit the weight-pile a lot more, I'm ridiculously undermuscled and undertoned for my build--once you get past the thick layer of insulation, I'm mostly solid bone.) Clearly an oversight by most of the men who've crossed your path...

I am a bit disappointed too - but my guess was that the gentlemen with the sweep up behaviour must be extinct in my area..

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MissS said:
Big Man - wow, I looove this outfit! Do you have a close-up of the waistcoat and chain? Is there something attached?? ...

Here is a closer look at the vest. It's a pretty much standard five button vest. I love the term "waistcoat", it sounds much more classic than "vest".

The chain is attached to my pocket watch (sorry, don't have a picture of that right now). I've carried the same pocket watch since I got it for my 18th birthday way back in 1973. :eek:

DSC02612.jpg

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Looking sharp Dinerman:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Very, very impressive Big Man:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
from a guy in an ol' grey V-neck pullover, khaki shorts and bare feet in loafers:D

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Well, thanks, all. It was a pretty fun night, all in all. The highlight, in my opinion, was a midnight stop off afterwards with a couple of friends at the late '30s Tastee Diner in Bethesda for some milkshakes. That place is quite the interesting place to be late at night.

Dinerman - sharp tux!
The word perfection comes to mind. Congratulations. I hope you had a wonderfully unforgettable time.

Dinerman, remind me never to let you anywhere near the ordnance-locker or even out of my sight if we ever cross paths... that second pic's facial expression looks kinda like when I'm gearing up to go berserk on somebody! A nice tux on a lucky guy, though...

I like that dinner jacket, and the spotty tie is a nice touch too. Well done!

Looking sharp Dinerman

MissS

A-List Customer
Big Man said:
Here is a closer look at the vest. It's a pretty much standard five button vest. I love the term "waistcoat", it sounds much more classic than "vest".

The chain is attached to my pocket watch (sorry, don't have a picture of that right now). I've carried the same pocket watch since I got it for my 18th birthday way back in 1973. :eek:

DSC02612.jpg

Love it, love it, love it! Just love how the chain slides through the buttonhole. I went through a 'manly' period of wearing 3 piece mens style suits, now I just admire them on the FL men!

Would love to see a picture of the pocket watch if you get around to it.

On another note, did I use the wrong word again? Must be an Aussie-ism. To me, a vest is a knitted v-neck jumper, just without the sleeves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay