Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
100_2823.jpg

Panache

A-List Customer
Nick D said:
This is what I wore to uni today, though I left off the jacket and hat most of the day since I spent most of it studying and searching though the stacks in the library. Just got the hat today, too :D

DSC07823.jpg

Nick,

That is a very sharp outfit! Rupert Giles eat your heart out!

Cheers

Jamie

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
Darhling, you must try a Four-In-Hand knot. BTW, I love the outfit. :)

Out of curiosity...why a four-in-hand? I have been criticized for using a full Windsor previously so I am terribly curious. One point on tie knots for women is that we are smaller than most gents and a knot often must take up more tie or it will hang to our knees...hence our choices in knots. But - I am terribly fascinated by knots and why some are preferred over others please educate me...or preferably direct me to a thread where this has already been discussed! Thank you!!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Mrs. Merl said:
Tomasso said:
Darhling, you must try a Four-In-Hand knot. BTW, I love the outfit. :)

Out of curiosity...why a four-in-hand? I have been criticized for using a full Windsor previously so I am terribly curious. One point on tie knots for women is that we are smaller than most gents and a knot often must take up more tie or it will hang to our knees...hence our choices in knots. But - I am terribly fascinated by knots and why some are preferred over others please educate me...or preferably direct me to a thread where this has already been discussed! Thank you!!

Mrs. Merl I too love the Windsor, I really love thick/big knots on men and women regardless of what decade it became popular, and as you say they make the tie much shorter, which suits us women the best. That way I don't have to wrap the tie twice around my neck!

Oh and thank you Tomasso!

Pip

A-List Customer
Yet again...everybody, just fab!

Nick D - Absolutely love the suit, not usually a fan for brown suits, but that really does look spot on. Nice one :D

Cherry Lips - Simply gorgeous, those glasses are fantastic, as are the gloves! :)
All the reds work so well with skin tone and hair :D

Darrhling - as always, beautiful. Adore the chiffron shirt and the shoes (surprise surpise lol ).

And awwww such a cute little pug :D

Darhling, I like that picture!! A real action shot :D

J.M.Stovall; I like the look there. That jacket is awesome yeah!

Nick D; I have to agree with the other ladies, you are very handsome, and there were certainly no such well dressed young men of any kind when I lived up there. Bravo young man :eusa_clap

lyburnum

Practically Family
Not today, as day to day I just wear Gap clothes for work. This was Sunday, when I went to see a friend perform with a contemporary dance company.

IMG_1425.jpg

Shirt: Handmade from vintage pattern
Capris: Repro
Shoes: Vintage
Belt tie: Primark

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
'50s champ
REI hemp shirt
Vintage- styled Jeans (MOP suspender buttons, button fly, wide leg cut, high waisted, watch pocket w/ button hole for watch chain)
brown suede captoes
IMG_1332.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mrs. Merl said:
why a four-in-hand? I have been criticized for using a full Windsor previously so I am terribly curious. .
Well, for men it's all about proportion. It would take a large, thick, bull necked man to pull off a full Windsor. The same would apply for women, IMHO, unless one is striving for a theatrical or whimsical (think vaudeville) look.

Mrs. Merl said:
One point on tie knots for women is that we are smaller than most gents and a knot often must take up more tie or it will hang to our knees...hence our choices in knots.
Better to hang over the belt a touch than having a huge concentration of fabric perched directly under your face. ;) And BTW, ties can be shortened for a nominal fee.

anniehall.jpg

Boodles

A-List Customer
Aldens

AlanC said:
Thanks. Shoes are Aldens I got on clearance last year. I love 'em. Socks are Nagrani.
AlanC how do you keep the brown polish out of those white perforations? I have a pair of AE McClains which are listed as bourbon and bone, I think. I'd like to polish them but cannot imagine how to do the kind of job you clearly have done. That Fawcett shaped panama! Woo wee.

alexandra

Practically Family
So I went to my little brother's high school graduation tonight. Nothing too fancy, but it was hot as hell.

Not the most attractive picture, but I wore this. I also wasn't expecting the picture to be taken.
2wpnr02.jpg

Ah freedom. Here's me with my little brother. We were both dying to get out of our sweat drenched clothes (hence me losing my belt and him untucking his shirt) but our parents wanted a picture of their two "grown up" kids haha

311x6b4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic