Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Thursday:

DSC06332.jpg

Friday:

DSC06386.jpg
DSC06412.jpg
DSC06404.jpg

DSC06385.jpg
DSC06406.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
Bugsy said:
Every year on the second Sunday of September, the Art Deco Society of California sponsors the Gatsby Sunday Afternoon on the grounds of the historic Dunsmuir Mansion in the hills above Oakland. The rules are rather strict requiring everyone to wear clothes and accessories that are actually vintage or approximate styles from 1920-1940. It was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon and see the lengths people went to with their clothes, cars, and table settings. As an added plus, one of our very own Lounge members won in the men's category of the fashion show as he deserved to.
Gatsby7.jpg

Gatsby8.jpg

Gatsby9.jpg
Gatsby10.jpg
GatsbySundayAfternoon3.jpg

GatsbySundayAfternoon4.jpg

GatsbySundayAfternoon6.jpg

YOUR OUTFIT IS PURE GENIUS!!!

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
metropd said:
YOUR OUTFIT IS PURE GENIUS!!!

This can't be said too often. Must have been great fun.

Saturday morning/evening, the turtle-neck turned out to be too warm, so I changed into shirt and knit vest.

DSC06459.jpg
DSC06416.jpg

DSC06474.jpg
DSC06476.jpg

Asole & Bottoni shirt
Thrifted ascot
Generic knit vest
Nudie RRDS jeans, getting on in years
MK II custom watch
Santoni monkstraps

Today, bad hangover and walking across town to retrieve my mobile:

DSC06504.jpg
DSC06516.jpg

DSC06496.jpg
DSC06511.jpg

Army shirt, must be forty years old
John Partridge thermal waistcoat
Thrifted ascot
Black webbing belt
MK II custom watch
Prada loafers

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Went camping on a school trip this weekend

I wore this from friday to about 4:00 today.
Black jeans
LASportiva hiking boots
NRA t-shirt
Green plaid shirt
Canadian Fisheries ike jacket
brown tweed 8 panel

Griemersma said:
Where did you find that shirt?!!
That's awesome-- But has anybody mistakenly asked you if you're a rifleman yet?...
--G.R.

Only two people have recognized it right off the bat, my Grandma, and my history teacher. I get National Rifle Association all the time.
I bought it : http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=25331

carter

I'll Lock Up
Let's go next year, Zelda!

Bugsy, That event looked like great fun last year and this year looks like it was as good or better. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

GatsbySundayAfternoon4.jpg

Who won the Men's Division?

Any chance of getting a merged thread of just the Gatsby events that there are photos of?

Bugsy

One Too Many
I don't know how to do a thread of just the Gatsby pictures. I'm not that good with the computer. And I'm not that well versed in posting pictures. I would like the person who won the event to get the news out. I don't want to steal any thunder.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
A co-worker asked if she could take a picture of me and my pup Charlee as we were leaving work. I was wearing my brown suit and bowler, and Charlee was wearing her vest accessorized with a leather leash.

Work01.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Bugsy said:
I don't know how to do a thread of just the Gatsby pictures. I'm not that good with the computer. And I'm not that well versed in posting pictures. I would like the person who won the event to get the news out. I don't want to steal any thunder.

There is already a thread for Gatsby pictures...so you can just add yours

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=34146

Smuterella

One Too Many
todays outfit looked better in real life...oh well

2008_09220007-1.jpg
[/IMG]

purple wool / angora vintage late 50's wiggle dress from Miss London, interesting constructed dress this, with little puffs of net inside at the hip to make your hips look bigger. The standard seamed stockings, black patent leather 60's shoes. Black belt and vintage faux pearl and silver tone bunch of grapes brooch.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
Smuterella, it looks great to me on the photo as well! Is the dress that lavender color, or did the flash (?) lighten it?

its slightly less blue but a very similar colour. thanks!

Mary

Practically Family
You look lovely! Interesting with the fake-hips. I've never come upon any. And I really like your pillow with the sweet birds peeking at you. Your bookcase is quite impressive, you must be very well-read. Please post more! You always look so well put-together!

Smuterella

One Too Many
the books aren't all mine but thats the cleared out bookcase. We recently swamped our local charity bookshop with 10 bags of books. I'm a bit of a hoarder with books and clothes and have to purge regularly or they would take over the flat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen