Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Alon

One of the Regulars
Mike,

Wonderful dress! I've been looking for a vintage bow tie of the sort you're wearing for a while, but none of the ones I've found have that casual, flimsy look. Could you suggest a place to find those and how I might distinguish them from the typical stiff bow tie?

Thanks!

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Today; scruffy casual.

DSC06223.jpg
DSC06236.jpg

DSC06234.jpg
DSC06232.jpg

M&S shirt, well-frayed
Thrifted ascot
Ancient Harris tweed hacking jacket
Omega, gold, 50s
Uniqlo jeans
Maurizi pseudo-brogues

carter

I'll Lock Up
mike said:
thanks guys! :)
yes, the hat's his now! Hard to do... but my dad's the WW2 nut more than I am (I'm more interested in 20's and pre-code films/culture) Our basement where I grew up is filled with model airplanes he's been building since he was 10 years old and now creating this museum by connecting a guy who owns the original planes, to some groups that can financially put it together and the local government officials to sign off etc etc... this museum is a round about way an extension of his WW2 model airplane collection! So the man wants my hat, he can have it! :rolleyes:
I put more pictures in this thread...
click me

More great photos, Mike. I really like them all, especially this one:

wingswheels.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Nice pics, Mike. Looks like a great time.

btw, nice suit. Seems to fit perfectly. The cap and bowtie is a nice touch.

mike

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
Nice pics, Mike. Looks like a great time.

btw, nice suit. Seems to fit perfectly. The cap and bowtie is a nice touch.

thank you thunder and carter! it was a great father/son bonding thing with a lot more opportunities to follow I think...

meanwhile, here's the best picture I have of the backbelt, forgive me for the poor light, but it's all I have at the moment...
l_d1bdaec59f0abdca807b47f89ea7ab33.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Every year on the second Sunday of September, the Art Deco Society of California sponsors the Gatsby Sunday Afternoon on the grounds of the historic Dunsmuir Mansion in the hills above Oakland. The rules are rather strict requiring everyone to wear clothes and accessories that are actually vintage or approximate styles from 1920-1940. It was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon and see the lengths people went to with their clothes, cars, and table settings. As an added plus, one of our very own Lounge members won in the men's category of the fashion show as he deserved to.
Gatsby7.jpg

Gatsby8.jpg

Gatsby9.jpg
Gatsby10.jpg
GatsbySundayAfternoon3.jpg

GatsbySundayAfternoon4.jpg

GatsbySundayAfternoon6.jpg

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Gatsby10.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Today:

DSC06240.jpg
DSC06289.jpg

DSC06244.jpg
DSC06292.jpg

Il Portone shirt, single cuffs
Larusmiani tie
Daks suit, SB3B, single vent
Burberry mac, 60s
Omega, red gold, ca. 1960
Santoni suede monkstraps
Ugly computer bag, handed out at work

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
See more pics of the Gatsby

in the Streamer Trunk...
Why didn't you introduce yourself to me, Bugsy? I was there... judging bathing beauties, singing with the band, producing the program...

Anyway, what am I wearing? By the time I get the pictures they are days old, but this is what I wore to take Miss 1940s to the airport on Monday...
Black dress, bag, shoes
Reddish ermine cape
Dark green hat, gloves
Silver and green jewelry

l_f5a0c5cc92761d1230a313512a649f14.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic