Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Bugsy

One Too Many
Slim Portly said:
Charcoal pinstripe suit, purple shirt, purple/silver/blue geometic patterned tie, silver and black enamel cufflinks, silver double Albert chain with 1891 thruppence fob, sleeve garters, grey Broner Lite Felt fedora, white cotten hanky, ugly boring black shoes.

DSC04224-web.jpg

DSC04226-web.jpg

DSC04230-web.jpg

DSC04232-web.jpg

DSC04240-web.jpg

DSC04243-web.jpg

To be blunt, I'm coveting your watch chain.

Bingles

A-List Customer
Slim Portly said:
Charcoal pinstripe suit, purple shirt, purple/silver/blue geometic patterned tie, silver and black enamel cufflinks, silver double Albert chain with 1891 thruppence fob, sleeve garters, grey Broner Lite Felt fedora, white cotton hanky, ugly boring black shoes.

DSC04224-web.jpg

DSC04226-web.jpg

DSC04230-web.jpg

It's nice to see such color in a man's outfit. The purple looks great, especially matched with the charcoal. Well done, as always Mr. Slim!! :eusa_clap
As a wearer of pocket watches, I'm very impressed by the dapper chain and fob as well!!
PS -- I like the shoes.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Bugsy said:
To be blunt, I'm coveting your watch chain.
Bingles said:
As a wearer of pocket watches, I'm very impressed by the dapper chain and fob as well!!
Thank you, both. The company from which I acquired said chain is currently mourning a death in the family, but when they are back to business I shall endeavor to remember to post a link here.

Bingles said:
PS -- I like the shoes.
You are generous to a fault, but you'll note I spared you any close-ups. The shoes are truly hideous, possessed of no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I wear them on occasion only to keep myself humble.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Slim Portly said:
Thank you, both. The company from which I acquired said chain is currently mourning a death in the family, but when they are back to business I shall endeavor to remember to post a link here.

You are generous to a fault, but you'll note I spared you any close-ups. The shoes are truly hideous, possessed of no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I wear them on occasion only to keep myself humble.

Please do post the link where one might buy watch chains and fobs. Thank you in advance.

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
DSC_0002.jpg

They snapped this pic of me at work for the company newsletter, announcing newcomers. What's funny is that in my first few days, I'd refer to myself as the girl with the flower in her hair when I'd call intercompany phones. :D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Orgetorix said:
DB flannel suit, wool challis tie, suede shoes, and new Schoble hat (courtesy of Johnnyphi).
Wonderful!! Love the flannel and suede!!! :eusa_clap

Bingles

A-List Customer
Today I wore a Loden wool jacket a friend of mine gave me from a trip to Germany he made back in the 70s. I felt like sporting my Austrian heritage (that is where the jacket was made) today, and wore it to Mass. I'm also wearing my Biltmore Diamond Jim fedora, though the pic itself doesn't show the crown well.

000_0159.jpg
[/IMG]

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
*Sept. 1940-dated tweed 3-piece suit from Kaufmann's in Pittsburgh
*1930s Mallory fedora
*1930s wool tie
*vintage watch chain, modern Union Pacific watch
*modern VH shirt
*AE shoes

Sleeves are a tad short for my liking, but I'm not too worried about 'em.
me071.jpg

me072.jpg

front004.jpg

front005.jpg

Griemersma

One of the Regulars
Grey and Brown Tweed Cap
Horsehide Jacket
Shadow Plaid Flannel Shirt
Corduroys
LL Bean Work Boots

IMG_3269.jpg

This is one of the few practical vintage looks that I can pull off regularly.

I've been wearing this hat for years, and recently my wife commented that it looks too big, what do you think?

Bugsy

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:
*Sept. 1940-dated tweed 3-piece suit from Kaufmann's in Pittsburgh
*1930s Mallory fedora
*1930s wool tie
*vintage watch chain, modern Union Pacific watch
*modern VH shirt
*AE shoes

me071.jpg

me072.jpg

front004.jpg

front005.jpg

Another incredible ensemble. Great suit!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Slim Portly

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:
me071.jpg

front005.jpg
I've seen quite a few stills and movies from that era where the sleeves were intentionally worn at just that length. In my estimation both neckties and sleeves have grown too long in the interim. The key fob is a very nice touch. Well done.

carter

I'll Lock Up
The look of the common man.

Griemersma said:
Grey and Brown Tweed Cap
Horsehide Jacket
Shadow Plaid Flannel Shirt
Corduroys
LL Bean Work Boots

IMG_3269.jpg

I like the practical vintage look. It looks like you're wearing the clothes rather than the clothes wearing you. You might actually be arriving from or leaving for work. All you need is a lunch pail. I don't think your cap is too big but it does look a bit flat. Can it be shaped at all?
I also liked your disfarmer look.
IMG_3250.jpg

I notice a guitar in the background and believe there was a mandolin hanging on the wall in the disfarmer picture. Can you tell us about your interest in music or is that posted on another thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925